Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to replace a central heating controller to be online?

The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to research.
I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control to an alternative unit that I can access remotely....any solutions?
Trying to avoid the expensive Nest/Hive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to
research. I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control
to an alternative unit that I can access remotely....any solutions?
Trying to avoid the expensive Nest/Hive.

All the functions of your control unit being controllable via your phone
is a rather more complicated matter than altering a thermostat.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:06:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to
research. I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control
to an alternative unit that I can access remotely....any solutions?
Trying to avoid the expensive Nest/Hive.

All the functions of your control unit being controllable via your phone
is a rather more complicated matter than altering a thermostat.

Not really.
I built this a few weeks ago
http://www.hestiapi.com/home

My prototype looks like this.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/W2R0P4
It's more compact than the developers, because I used a pi Zero, and a
wallwart PSU instead of accomodating it in the case.

It uses a web browser interface.

You can change the room temp setpoint and alter the on off shedule
remotly. If I had designed it the DHW channel would be identical to
the CH with its own 1-wire sensor on the HW cylinder, as it stands I
can't fathom out the software to make changes.

Total cost to build, less than £10, that ****ed off some Hive owners I
know.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:06:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
[...]

Quite. But probably wouldn't help with my boiler which is already
microprocessor controlled.

It does have a buss to allow connection to extra zone controllers which
can also switch the heating and hot water to standby, though. Or alter the
on/off times and so on. But no idea if that uses a standard protocol.

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.