Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default On bath surround

Hi All,

We are redoing our bathroom and looking for interesting ways to create a bath surround. I have seen this

https://goo.gl/images/1ONzMV

Which looks like a stone surround sitting on top of the bath edge with stone sides to match.

I was thinking of doing something similar but either wanted to use the same tiles as used elsewhere in the bathroom or maybe some other material eg plastic sheets which would enable me to have coloured LED lights behind or maybe coloured wood or something.

The trouble with this is that the edges will all be seen and also not sure how we could apply to the top edge of the bath (eg the tiles).

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 22 January 2017 14:34:44 UTC, wrote:
Hi All,

We are redoing our bathroom and looking for interesting ways to create a bath surround. I have seen this

https://goo.gl/images/1ONzMV

Which looks like a stone surround sitting on top of the bath edge with stone sides to match.

I was thinking of doing something similar but either wanted to use the same tiles as used elsewhere in the bathroom or maybe some other material eg plastic sheets which would enable me to have coloured LED lights behind or maybe coloured wood or something.

The trouble with this is that the edges will all be seen and also not sure how we could apply to the top edge of the bath (eg the tiles).

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

This is a bath surround:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Category:Cleaning
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think you may have posted the wrong link?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/17 14:34, wrote:
Hi All,

We are redoing our bathroom and looking for interesting ways to create a bath surround. I have seen this

https://goo.gl/images/1ONzMV

Which looks like a stone surround sitting on top of the bath edge with stone sides to match.

I was thinking of doing something similar but either wanted to use the same tiles as used elsewhere in the bathroom or maybe some other material eg plastic sheets which would enable me to have coloured LED lights behind or maybe coloured wood or something.

The trouble with this is that the edges will all be seen and also not sure how we could apply to the top edge of the bath (eg the tiles).

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

I doubt it's stone. Probably acrylic. Even then, I'd like to see how
they connected up the tap to the water supply as it doesn't look like
the bath surround sides detach from the top.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

On 22/01/17 14:34, wrote:
Hi All,

We are redoing our bathroom and looking for interesting ways to create a
bath surround. I have seen this

https://goo.gl/images/1ONzMV

Which looks like a stone surround sitting on top of the bath edge with
stone sides to match.

I doubt it's stone. Probably acrylic. Even then, I'd like to see how
they connected up the tap to the water supply as it doesn't look like
the bath surround sides detach from the top.

I think we're looking at the wrong bath surround - I think Lee copied
and pasted the wrong link.

J.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 22 January 2017 15:03:34 UTC, wrote:
I think you may have posted the wrong link?

I guess yu don't like that style. It is a bath surround.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi all

It is the correct link - if you zoom in to the top right of the bath you can see what I mean. If it is acrylic or similar this may well work for me although there would need to be a way of getting access to the pipework. Has anyone ever seen these?

Also any idea of how to do this with tiles or some other material I could achieve a similar look with.

Sorry for the delay in replying

Lee

Whirlpool bath surround Art Home Repair 0 July 11th 07 04:29 AM
Looking for a bath overflow that is flush with the bath surface? Peter UK diy 0 October 18th 05 02:07 PM
Rejuvenating teak surround in master bath? Bob_M Home Repair 1 May 8th 05 02:29 PM
Bath Tub Surround mcp6453 Home Repair 3 October 31st 04 06:16 PM
Bath tap seemingly welded to iron bath mfcexpert UK diy 10 December 12th 03 10:26 PM