Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Whirlpool bath surround

We are remodeling our master bath and pulled out the Jacuzzi brand whirlpool
tub and will probably replace it with a Sanijet pipeless whirlpool that has
no pipes to accumulate crud. Looks like an interesting product. Basically
each jet is a pump with the motor right behind the jet to spin it. In any
case I am thinking of reworking the surround which was basically a rectangle
of 2"x6" held up by vertical 2x6"'s. Manufacturer has no recommendations.
I was thinking of switching to 2"x4" on the front so it would be easier to
get into and on the sides to get a slightly longer tub. If anyone has a
whirlpool tub in their bathroom I was wondering if you could let me know how
wide your surrounds are. My wife doesn't like the idea because she says she
sometimes sits on the front ledge to do various things (like talk to me when
I can't hear her because I am in the shower). Thanks for any ideas on this.

Wiring for A Whirlpool Bath Tim Blank UK diy 10 November 21st 05 06:05 PM
Rejuvenating teak surround in master bath? Bob_M Home Repair 1 May 8th 05 02:29 PM
Inline heaters for whirlpool bath Jag Man Home Repair 0 January 26th 05 12:40 AM
Bath Tub Surround mcp6453 Home Repair 3 October 31st 04 06:16 PM
Wiring in a whirlpool bath John Orrett UK diy 19 August 5th 04 06:09 PM