Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Resetting ADE Accenta plus alarm

Hi

We have inherited this alarm system and were left an alarm code although I am not familiar with the operation.

Today, during the gales, we had a power surge and the alarm went off.

Despite entering the code we were given, the alarm continued to sound for about 5 minutes and then went off of its own accord. However, the external light continues to flash.

I have downloaded the user manual but the panel responses dont seem to match what should be happening.

If I enter our code (which I assume to be correct), all I get is a single buzz from the panel. It is the LED type and the power LED is on but no other LED is lit. I have tried to reset it with no joy... the external strobe light continues to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas, however obscure?

Thank you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:53:31 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi

We have inherited this alarm system and were left an alarm code although
I am not familiar with the operation.

Today, during the gales, we had a power surge and the alarm went off.

Despite entering the code we were given, the alarm continued to sound
for about 5 minutes and then went off of its own accord. However, the
external light continues to flash.

I have downloaded the user manual but the panel responses dont seem to
match what should be happening.

If I enter our code (which I assume to be correct), all I get is a
single buzz from the panel. It is the LED type and the power LED is on
but no other LED is lit. I have tried to reset it with no joy... the
external strobe light continues to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas, however obscure?

Thank you.

Assuming you've read the user manual and are following the
instructions to the letter and they don't work, then one explanation
is that you've been given the wrong code or it's been changed since
you were given it. You now need the engineers manual, not the same as
the user manual, to reset the code to something of your own choice.
Googling for ADE Accenta Plus engineers manual brings up lots hits for
Accenta manuals, although none seem to fit your description exactly.
Either try a more exact model description, or assume they're all the
same family and are probably all similar.

If you had a "power surge" it could be that it's irreparably damaged.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Allan, Gloria Fenwick wrote:
Where do I get the master code

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...m-1182896-.htm

Accenta 8 alarm help eastender[_4_] UK diy 15 July 20th 19 03:19 PM
Accenta Alarm David White UK diy 3 August 17th 07 09:48 PM
Accenta G3 Alarm Problem annieb UK diy 1 December 9th 05 10:09 AM
Simple cheap wireless personal alarm (not intruder alarm) required Roy Gilbert UK diy 7 May 6th 04 07:46 AM
Accenta Alarms [email protected] UK diy 4 December 8th 03 01:59 PM