Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Calling John Rumm

John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project
which I am about to get started on...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 23:32, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project
which I am about to get started on...

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:33:26 +0000, ss wrote:

John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Nice engine, just a pity about the anamorphic aspect ratio!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project
which I am about to get started on...

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?

8 x 4 inch ?? 500 sq feet?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next
project
which I am about to get started on...

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?

8 x 4 inch ?? 500 sq feet?

8 x 4 inch sheets?

Sorry, make that 8x4' ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2017 01:11, Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:33:26 +0000, ss wrote:

John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Nice engine, just a pity about the anamorphic aspect ratio!

Yup, that was bugging me as well ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project
which I am about to get started on...

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?

15 sheets would not even make a 10x12 shed ;-)

Na, its going to be a companion piece to go with:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...e_and_cupboard

This time for the other side of the room, and more designed as an AV
setup - so lots of CD storage, place for HiFi and AV gear, and a "built
in" flat screen, plus some more storage space... but following the same
design aesthetic as the bookcase.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find
this interesting and a possible project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datfJOhgsjk

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the
class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but
feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do...
Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project
which I am about to get started on...

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?

15 sheets would not even make a 10x12 shed ;-)

Yes, you would need another 3 sheets!

Na, its going to be a companion piece to go with:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...e_and_cupboard

This time for the other side of the room, and more designed as an AV
setup - so lots of CD storage, place for HiFi and AV gear, and a "built
in" flat screen, plus some more storage space... but following the same
design aesthetic as the bookcase.

Nice. I've always been a little concerned with MDF dust. If your doing
the cutting outside that helps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 22:33, ss wrote:
[...]

This will be a mix of ply, mdf, and softwood.

I wear a respirator and have a workshop air cleaner that runs all the
time any cutting is going on. I have also modified my unisaw table saw
with big dust port on the back so I can run active collection at the
saw. That helps keep the amount thrown about a bit.

(Sometimes I will cut outside since breaking down big sheets is easier
with more space - but that does depend on the weather a bit).

--
Cheers,

John.

PING John Rumm - Vigor 2830 PPPoA-PPPoE relay Tim Watts[_3_] UK diy 15 January 28th 15 07:09 PM
John Rumm on boilers Bill Wright[_2_] UK diy 18 December 12th 13 08:26 PM
Well done John Rumm Bodgit UK diy 17 February 25th 11 12:32 PM
Calling John Rumm re earlier reply to plumbing question ... Arfa Daily UK diy 4 March 11th 09 07:28 PM
Ping John Rumm Dave UK diy 12 November 26th 07 08:30 PM