Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sandable caulk?

replying to John Rumm, Paintguy wrote:
Agreed .... "alk" as in "walk". What is so mysterious and diificult about
that? So we have "kalk".

My suggestion is to contact the applications engineering departments of maybe
five or so caulking manufacturers and ask them. Do I have the time for that?
No, so I'll stick to "kalk".

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...lk-643984-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/17 07:44, Paintguy wrote:
replying to John Rumm, Paintguy wrote:
Agreed .... "alk" as in "walk". What is so mysterious and diificult about
that? So we have "kalk".

My suggestion is to contact the applications engineering departments of
maybe
five or so caulking manufacturers and ask them. Do I have the time for
that?
No, so I'll stick to "kalk".

its 'cork'

as in 'walk'

and 'talk;

and 'baulk'

and 'chalk'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 05:44, Paintguy wrote:
replying to John Rumm, Paintguy wrote:
Agreed .... "alk" as in "walk". What is so mysterious and diificult about
that? So we have "kalk".

My suggestion is to contact the applications engineering departments of
maybe
five or so caulking manufacturers and ask them. Do I have the time for
that?
No, so I'll stick to "kalk".

The OP posted this in 2010.

Do you have anything constructive to say?

If you want to discuss the English language try alt.uk.english

Is caulk sandable? Samantha Booth UK diy 11 August 23rd 19 08:04 PM
sandable caulk? Fred UK diy 21 July 18th 10 04:16 PM
To caulk or not to caulk around toilet base? Phisherman[_2_] Home Repair 0 June 25th 09 03:17 PM
To caulk or not to caulk around toilet base? Phisherman[_2_] Home Repair 0 June 24th 09 10:47 AM
Sandable topcoat/skimcoat over plaster? [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 11th 06 05:31 PM