Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SCR working intermittantly

Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However,
occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told
it to and there is no green light on at the SCR so the signal has been
received from the transmitter. The fault would seem to be either the SCR is
not shutting the boiler down or the boiler won,t shut down. If I leave it on
until the next schedule on the programme it then worksOK. Is the SCR at fault
or the boiler?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...y-1179597-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:14:01 +0000, eric atkinson
m wrote:

Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However,
occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told
it to and there is no green light on at the SCR so the signal has been
received from the transmitter. The fault would seem to be either the SCR is
not shutting the boiler down or the boiler won,t shut down. If I leave it on
until the next schedule on the programme it then worksOK. Is the SCR at fault
or the boiler?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

m wrote:

Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However,
occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told
it to and there is no green light on at the SCR so the signal has been
received from the transmitter. The fault would seem to be either the SCR is
not shutting the boiler down or the boiler won,t shut down. If I leave it on
until the next schedule on the programme it then worksOK. Is the SCR at fault
or the boiler?

So he did. But what has a silicon controlled rectifier got to do with anything?