Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar roads, for goodness sake!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

--
U2's on-tour sound system weighs 30 tons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

Wonder how long it will be before someone deliberately
drives over it with no tire, just the rim etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 19:03:12 -0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 05:59:02 +1100, "John" wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

Wonder how long it will be before someone deliberately
drives over it with no tire, just the rim etc.

This paragraph caught my eye : 'The 1 kilometer road was opened
yesterday by French Ecology Minister Ségolène Royal and could generate
enough electricity to power the street lights'.

Someone should tell her...

If you mean wrong time of day, it's you being stupid, they'd have batteries, or push power on and off the grid.

If you mean it's a pathetic amount, I agree. They're far less efficient than roof panels, so I don't see the point.

--
How do they seperate the men from the boys in the Navy?
With a crowbar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message news
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

Is this a legit article? Someone came up with this idea a couple of years
ago and were posting YouTube videos about it, which were thoroughly debunked
as being "unrealistic" by numerous other YouTubers. So to find out that
someone has ACTUALLY done this, given the amount of people demonstrating how
it will never work is something of a surprise...

--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 22:25:50 -0000, Simon T wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message news
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

Is this a legit article? Someone came up with this idea a couple of years
ago and were posting YouTube videos about it, which were thoroughly debunked
as being "unrealistic" by numerous other YouTubers. So to find out that
someone has ACTUALLY done this, given the amount of people demonstrating how
it will never work is something of a surprise...

I'm not surprised some stupid greenie has acquired loads of government money to do it.

--
"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm not surprised some stupid greenie has acquired loads of government
money to do it.

I wonder what the surface is like when trying to brake hard in wet
weather? How long before there is a thick layer of diesel particles and
rubber from tires blocking the light?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 22:52:41 -0000, alan_m wrote:

I'm not surprised some stupid greenie has acquired loads of government
money to do it.

I wonder what the surface is like when trying to brake hard in wet
weather? How long before there is a thick layer of diesel particles and
rubber from tires blocking the light?

Oh I'm sure they've thought of all that..... [laughs hard enough to lose balance]

--
My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli - a strong currant pulled him in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Chris Hogg
escribió:

Someone should tell her...

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/12/...road-opens-in-
france/

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this the same company who invented pollution eating paving slabs?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1...rance-normandy

--
U2's on-tour sound system weighs 30 tons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2016 00:36, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is this the same company who invented pollution eating paving slabs?
Brian

Sounds like a typical EU-funded project.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 00:00:31 -0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artículo , Chris Hogg
escribió:

Someone should tell her...

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/12/...road-opens-in-
france/

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other articles, even after pasting it back together.

--
Murphy says to Paddy, "What ya talkin into an envelope for?" "I'm sending a voicemail ya thick sod!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

escribió:

Someone should tell her...

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/12/...road-opens-in-
france/

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other articles, even after
pasting it back together.

Dave of EEV blog fame has some reasoned comments on the matter;!

EEVblog #632 - Solar Roadways Are BULL****!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other articles, even after
pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too stupid
to use a computer.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:26:42 -0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other articles, even after
pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too stupid
to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

--
I can kind of understand why Muslims get so frustrated.
I mean, how many more people are they going to have
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

--
*Squawk!* Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine! [Parroty error]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

--
Gardening Rule:
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

I don't and I really do not care.
My old boat. I was in the engine room at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt87isLHfU0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

I don't and I really do not care.
My old boat. I was in the engine room at the time.

Cowering in the engine room?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt87isLHfU0

Is that not you at 3 minutes 11?

--
After pleading no contest to burglarizing Britney Spears's home, four men received three years of probation.
All they had to do was sign an agreement not to reveal what they stole from the house or how many batteries it took.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too
stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

Because everything you touch turns to dog ****.

That page shows fine in all my browsers.
--
Gardening Rule:
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a
valuable plant is to pull on it.
If it comes out of theground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're
too stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

I don't and I really do not care.
My old boat. I was in the engine room at the time.

Cowering in the engine room?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt87isLHfU0

Is that not you at 3 minutes 11?

Silly little psychopath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
scribeth thus

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other
articles, even after pasting it back together.

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're
too stupid to use a computer.

No, the browser showed no article.

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be.
I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Excellent!
I just knew that you would not let me down.

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

I don't and I really do not care.
My old boat. I was in the engine room at the time.

Cowering in the engine room?

Well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt87isLHfU0

Is that not you at 3 minutes 11?

Silly little psychopath.

Similar grumpy face.

--
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:26:42 -0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
Sword scribeth thus

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:26:42 -0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
Sword scribeth thus

[...]

Do you disagree?

--
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,