Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good service (Crosslee)

Our 26 year old White Knight gas tumble drier has been playing up of late
with the timer failing to "count down" occasionally.

I dug out the manual and found the original timer part number but that
wasn't on the Crosslee website. I did find a possible replacement on the
net but wanted to be sure that it was compatible.

Consequently I filled in a web form at 23:17 last night and was surprised
to get a response just after 9 this morning with the new part number and
price of only £9.25+vat and postage.

Ironically when I opened up the machine to check on how to replace it I
discovered that one of the two securing screws had worked loose and seems
to have been jamming the dial. Screw replaced and tightened and all seems
well now so sadly Crosslee has lost a sale.

Still, nice to know that I can still get some parts for my old drier.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Good service Tim+[_4_] UK diy 5 November 14th 13 05:24 PM
Does anyone know of a good CAD service? Jon Danniken[_2_] Home Repair 4 May 13th 09 09:10 AM
B.E.S - Good Service TheOldFellow UK diy 0 September 13th 07 04:18 PM
Is there a good sharpening Service out there? Kc-Mass Woodworking 3 September 27th 05 04:03 PM
[OT] Good customer service Rod Hewitt UK diy 2 January 13th 05 10:57 AM