Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good service

Just thought I'd share a recent experience with a company
(slidingrobesdirect) who provide sliding doors and accessories.

The guides and rollers on a "Stanley" sliding door in our house had broken
and I was looking for spares. I couldn't find any the same as the top
guides on my door but there was a contact telephone number on the site so I
rang them (on a Saturday afternoon).

I explained my problem and the chap on the phone said "Why not email us a
photograph?". How many times have I wished for a company that adopts such a
common sense approach!

Anyhow, later that evening I received a reply confirming what I suspected
(that the guide I had was obsolete) and that an improved design guide in the
site would fit in its place.

These duely arrived on Tuesday morning (which is probably about as early as
they could have come given that they wouldn't have entered the postal system
until Monday morning).

Not a company that I suppose I'll be using that often but nice to know that
there are companies out there employing helpful folk providing good service.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in
:

[...]

It infuriates me that my car insurance company does not use e-mail and
cannot accept e-mailed photos when making a claim.

--

DerbyBorn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:47:01 -0000, "Tim+"
wrote:

I explained my problem and the chap on the phone said "Why not email us a
photograph?". How many times have I wished for a company that adopts such a
common sense approach!

Showerdoc did exactly that for me, a few years ago.
Excellent service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:49:06 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

It infuriates me that my car insurance company does not use e-mail and
cannot accept e-mailed photos when making a claim.

Mines does but doesn't understand it. Just sent me one telling me a
policy had expired, no reference to which policy or which car(s)...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
DerbyBorn wrote:
It infuriates me that my car insurance company does not use e-mail and
cannot accept e-mailed photos when making a claim.

Change your company? Plenty looking for business.

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.