Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fox want to buy sky.

The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Isn't most of it already?

--
*Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 11:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tition-grounds

.....and so the lies continue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 11:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to
make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tition-grounds

....and so the lies continue.

and another

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...hina-after-all

So basically "Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want
nationalisation to make sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners."
is complete and utter ********. The EU already has powers to prevent
foreign investment which Brexit will free us from.

So just a bog standard remoaner lie and an ad hominen all in one.

Well, at least its efficient.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I thought Murdoch already had his fingers in both companies?
It was thrown out last time as I recall.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 12:40, Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought Murdoch already had his fingers in both companies?
It was thrown out last time as I recall.
Brian

yeh he owns all of fox and around 70% of sky I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought Murdoch already had his fingers in both companies?

They own something like 40% of Sky. But want a controlling interest.

It was thrown out last time as I recall.

Yes - but there may be more competition now - Netflix and Amazon etc
having got bigger.

Personally I don't care who owns Sky. Only those with more money than
sense have it.

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 11:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to
make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tition-grounds

....and so the lies continue.

Er no, the EU may block one company from owning all of a market in much
the same way the UK government might, and so the lies do continue.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

The informed may notice that that is the German government making the
decisions and not the EU, the lies continue.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
So basically "Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want
nationalisation to make sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners."
is complete and utter ********. The EU already has powers to prevent
foreign investment which Brexit will free us from.

So just a bog standard remoaner lie and an ad hominen all in one.

Well, at least its efficient.

The informed may notice that that is the German government making the
decisions and not the EU, the lies continue.

Foreign investment in the UK seems to consist of selling off our family
silver. To fund our dreadful balance of payments. Seems to me that it
won't be long before we are just some sort of national trust property -
owned by another set of nationals.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes a Chinese company now owns the Odeon chain of Cinemas.
Brian

They own most of the Takeaways in my village

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
So basically "Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want
nationalisation to make sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners."
is complete and utter ********. The EU already has powers to prevent
foreign investment which Brexit will free us from.

So just a bog standard remoaner lie and an ad hominen all in one.

Well, at least its efficient.

The informed may notice that that is the German government making the
decisions and not the EU, the lies continue.

Foreign investment in the UK seems to consist of selling off our family
silver. To fund our dreadful balance of payments. Seems to me that it
won't be long before we are just some sort of national trust property -
owned by another set of nationals.

And you have a problem with that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 13:54, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 11:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to
make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tition-grounds

....and so the lies continue.

Er no, the EU may block one company from owning all of a market in much
the same way the UK government might, and so the lies do continue.

Except when the EU does it, we as a nation cant stop it.

The lies continue

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 13:56, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

However those that can read will note it wasn't. it was te 'EU
regulators' that the article cited.

The lies continue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Better tell that to the monopolies and merges lot then.

You are still lying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

You can stop lying, you just have to accept that you won and the country
lost.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 10/12/16 11:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 10/12/16 01:50, dennis@home wrote:
The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US
dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more
attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make
sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies
continue.

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ly-block-sale-
o2-telecoms-competition-grounds

....and so the lies continue.

What u doing reading the Guardian;?...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/16 16:44, dennis@home wrote:
You can stop lying, you just have to accept that you won and the country
lost.

You can stop lying, you just have to accept that you lost and the
country won.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Everyone with even half a clue accepts that.

and the country lost.

That is just another bare faced lie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

shirley it is a bad buy what with openbox ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

The sly *******s.

--