Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default McAlpine V33WM twin drain connector - what's inside?

I have a rather strange possible use for this (connecting two bilge
pumps to a single outlet on a boat) and thus need to know a *little*
bit about what's inside it.

In the description at https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/mca...connector.html
it says 'an air break is incorporated within the connector", what does
that mean exactly? In the installation description at
https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/doc...tion-guide.pdf
it says there's an air-break and a non-return valve.

My major requirement is that water flowing into one of the two inlets
won't tend to flow straight out of the other. As long as it's
directed down the outlet that will be fine, it doesn't have to be
totally isolated just not 'straight across'.

Any ideas anyone? Has anyone got one?

Basically all I need is a tee-piece with a divider down the 'leg' of
the tee. The 'leg' will discharge direct into a long vertical pipe
and the two bilge pumps will pump into two 'sides' of the tee piece.
As long as the water can't go straight across all will be well, a
little bit going across won't matter at all.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
[...]

The inlets have non-return valves in them, meaning that nothing that enters
the contraption can get out of either inlet, it can only go down the (much
wider) outlet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message ...

Chris Green wrote:
[...]

But, reading the pdf, the non-return valves and air break are in the TeeVent
system. It doesn't say whether the V33WM has them. The V33WM fitting
instruction is Method A in the pdf and I'd guess that it might work
providing there isn't a large volume of water being pumped.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Adapto...B005CTSA4W#Ask

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
[...]

Brilliant! It's exactly what I need then, thank you.

--
Chris Green
·