Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nasty...

by xxx.templar.co.uk with esmtps (TLS1.0HE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from )
id 1cCNtq-0000kU-08

Obvious nasty **** from a russian source, but how did they know I had
just placed an order with amazon?

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

by xxx.templar.co.uk with esmtps (TLS1.0HE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from )
id 1cCNtq-0000kU-08

Obvious nasty **** from a russian source, but how did they know I had
just placed an order with amazon?

Are you sure it was Amazon? Or at least the real dealer? There was an
article on local TV today about a guy who ordered an expensive camera
from an "Amazon" dealer's page. That dealer's page had been highjacked,
and the guy lost £600 (later refunded by Amazon) as the fake dealer
insisted on payment by BACS.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/16 19:09, Jeff Layman wrote:
by xxx.templar.co.uk with esmtps (TLS1.0HE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from )
id 1cCNtq-0000kU-08

Obvious nasty **** from a russian source, but how did they know I had
just placed an order with amazon?

Are you sure it was Amazon? Or at least the real dealer? There was an
article on local TV today about a guy who ordered an expensive camera
from an "Amazon" dealer's page. That dealer's page had been highjacked,
and the guy lost £600 (later refunded by Amazon) as the fake dealer
insisted on payment by BACS.

Pretty sure it was.

Could be coincidence. Lots of people buying stuff on Amazon at this time
of year..

...OH! I just checked. It wasn't addressed to the email address that is
registered with amazon, so just random spam...

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

by xxx.templar.co.uk with esmtps (TLS1.0HE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from )
id 1cCNtq-0000kU-08

Obvious nasty **** from a russian source, but how did they know I had
just placed an order with amazon?

Every time I call BT broadband support ... I get within 48 Hrs a spam
call form an Indian Call centre telling me I have a fault and they need
urgently to connect to my computer.

BT staff must be passing on details .... happened so often ... I raised
a complaint to BT .... they gave me set of 4 call-guard wireless
handsets and a digital answer machine for free.

Since putting these in benefit is all nuisance calls have dropped to zero.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

by xxx.templar.co.uk with esmtps (TLS1.0HE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from )
id 1cCNtq-0000kU-08

Obvious nasty **** from a russian source, but how did they know I had
just placed an order with amazon?

They didn't. I also get spam forged as if from various major vendors,
banks and worst of all couriers. I am often waiting for an urgent parcel
from some courier or other and it is only a matter of time before in a
momentary lapse of concentration I click on one.

The quality of some of the forgeries is excellent. They look to all
intents and purposes identical to real "could not deliver" msgs.

The only thing wrong it that they don't go to the right email address
and they don't use a valid shipping number. But if you are at all
distracted it would be easy to make a mistake on an inbound msg that by
chance appears at exactly the right time. Backups are your friend.

Most of the stuff these days are vectors for cryptolocker ransomeware or
bank identity theft Trojans - neither are good for you.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

The nasty party. Ian Field Electronic Schematics 0 May 6th 15 07:39 PM
What kind of nasty... Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 3 November 17th 12 09:28 AM
Nasty Bolt wizof103 Home Repair 26 May 21st 07 01:07 AM
Please read - nothing nasty Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 March 5th 06 01:39 PM
Nasty Lesson Bill Gooch Woodturning 10 March 7th 05 04:33 PM