Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Festive eBay antics

background :-
bought 3 items from a "pro" business eBay seller stating delivery
by Royal mail.

They didn't arrive so I opened an eBay case /request. Dodgy
tracking, cheapo courier used, parcel signed for by someone
somewhere so "delivered", washy handy fob offs. Presumably
relying on eBay case to go their way as they had a limp
"delivered" argument.

By chance I got the parcel via a distant neighbour (Hermes strikes
again).

I am already less than impressed by the sellers actions & attitude.

The nitty :-
One of the items is significantly not right.

I explained to seller through resolution centre the problem & they
have emailed me a Hermes label to return the item.

The seller is also saying that they cannot refund until I have
closed the case....?

Surely this would leave me exposed if there are any more fun &
games over the return?

Am I right in thinking one can only open one case per purchase?

Once that is closed (by me in this instance) there is no more come
back?

What would you do?

TIA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , jim
writes

What would you do?

I would post the same question to uk.people.consumers.ebay where there
are people with far more eBay 'resolution' experience than I, even
though I consider myself fairly experienced.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 13:13:12 UTC, jim wrote:
[...]

This is the reason why we;re not allowed to use ebay as those in finance couldnlt and wouldn't be able to 'handle' things like this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2016 13:54, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Of course it will not work this time but in from now on steer clear of ebay
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

back?

What would you do?

This is the reason why we;re not allowed to use ebay as those in
finance couldnlt and wouldn't be able to 'handle' things like this.

Of course it will not work this time but in from now on steer clear of ebay

I had a case last year where I wanted to return faulty item, they sent
me a return label for royal mail, wife posted it but lost receipt, guy
argued he couldnt find it and wanted receipt as proof of postage. I
contacted ebay (I think live chat) they intervened and the guy
reimbursed me.
I dont know what ebay did but it worked.
P.S. I didnt close the case til money paid back.

yet more dimwitted antics Bill Wright[_2_] UK diy 4 October 3rd 14 07:23 PM
More dimwitted antics Bill Wright[_2_] UK diy 3 October 3rd 14 04:43 PM
Animal Antics 1 Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 February 3rd 11 08:04 AM
Freezer antics SteveB[_9_] Home Repair 2 September 1st 09 02:10 AM
Outdoor festive lights and "part P" Dark Angel UK diy 5 August 16th 05 01:04 PM