Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MK Egatube boxes

I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to
a wall:

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...ges/2ECR5.aspx

But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not
helping).

The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs" but doesn't explain what they are,
or how to use them.

On the back of the box, there are a couple of holes (extending from the
lid screws) which I can imagine would be part of a mounting system...
but nothing in the catalogue looks like it would be used for this.

i.e. Like the fixing bracket for Wiska boxes:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKSMB.html

Is there a mystery part that I'm missing?

Thanks for reading.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
WeeBob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to
a wall:

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...ges/2ECR5.aspx

But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not
helping).

The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs" but doesn't explain what they are,
or how to use them.

On the back of the box, there are a couple of holes (extending from the
lid screws) which I can imagine would be part of a mounting system...
but nothing in the catalogue looks like it would be used for this.

i.e. Like the fixing bracket for Wiska boxes:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKSMB.html

Is there a mystery part that I'm missing?

Thanks for reading.

Drill a hole in it?

--
*HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CIVIL WAR?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
WeeBob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to
a wall:

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...ges/2ECR5.aspx

But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not
helping).

The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs" but doesn't explain what they are,
or how to use them.

On the back of the box, there are a couple of holes (extending from the
lid screws) which I can imagine would be part of a mounting system...
but nothing in the catalogue looks like it would be used for this.

i.e. Like the fixing bracket for Wiska boxes:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKSMB.html

Is there a mystery part that I'm missing?

Thanks for reading.

just drill a hole in the back.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you have saddle clamps close enough to the tee box on the incoming conduits, there is no real need to fix the box to the wall, therefore no holes and the possibility of water ingress through the holes.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 25 November 2016 10:06:51 UTC, WeeBob wrote:
On the back of the box, there are a couple of holes (extending from the
lid screws) which I can imagine would be part of a mounting system...

They're either part of the manufacturing process, or to allow boxes to be stacked on top of one another.

If you do need to fix it to the wall, drill through and use a round- or pan-head screw with a washer, or a flanged screw.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/11/2016 10:06, WeeBob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to
a wall:

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro...ges/2ECR5.aspx

But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not
helping).

The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs" but doesn't explain what they are,
or how to use them.

On the back of the box, there are a couple of holes (extending from the
lid screws) which I can imagine would be part of a mounting system...
but nothing in the catalogue looks like it would be used for this.

i.e. Like the fixing bracket for Wiska boxes:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKSMB.html

Is there a mystery part that I'm missing?

Thanks for reading.

You are missing the letters EL!

Probably means external lug

Page 354 of this has a picture of what I mean

https://www.mkelectric.com/Documents...%20Conduit.pdf

--
Adam

Cheap Storage Boxes | Cheap Moving Boxes | Smart Storage Boxes rozy zenstin Metalworking 0 October 25th 10 02:24 PM
Boxes John Grossbohlin Woodworking Plans and Photos 5 April 3rd 08 08:47 PM
boxes John Grossbohlin Woodworking 3 April 3rd 08 04:24 PM
LITTLE BOXES foggytown Woodworking 4 July 7th 06 10:28 AM
Sat Boxes Seafarer Electronics Repair 2 April 22nd 05 01:45 PM