Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British gas F2 50

Hi I have a British gas 50 F2 whichor I believe to be a potterton profile 50e.
Having.firing issues. Fan spinning. New air pressure switch but does not fire
up. If I suck on the clear pipe it springs into life. It stays on for about 1
to 2 minutes and flame goes out.
Strachan my head at this one now. Any help would be appreciated

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...0-1171143-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
Simon m writes:
Hi I have a British gas 50 F2 whichor I believe to be a potterton profile 50e.
Having.firing issues. Fan spinning. New air pressure switch but does not fire
up. If I suck on the clear pipe it springs into life. It stays on for about 1
to 2 minutes and flame goes out.
Strachan my head at this one now. Any help would be appreciated

I had exactly these symptoms on mine, coming home late one night.
Had it in bits, but couldn't get it working, gave up and went to bed.
In the morning, went outside and found a bird had jammed itself in
the flue terminal. Pulled out bird, and it all sprung back into life.

Look for anything blocking the flue or any of the fanned air pathways.
Check through the viewing window that flames are entirely blue, with
no white luminous showing.

--
Andrew Gabriel

OT Labour quote the BNP, "British homes for British people" says PM mogga UK diy 0 June 30th 09 01:12 PM
British Gas Bill UK diy 31 March 3rd 09 10:49 PM
When the BNP says British Jobs for British Workers, they mean it! England, Home of the English UK diy 7 March 2nd 09 11:32 PM
British Gas trying it on? Sla#s UK diy 36 November 27th 07 11:31 AM
Is British Gas trying it on? Jo UK diy 25 October 27th 04 01:50 PM