Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Van Alarms

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the local
news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked to a Pepper
Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 20/11/2016 16:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the local
news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked to a Pepper
Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Van vault. Although I can drill the locks out in about 2 minutes the toe
rags who break into vans probably cannot.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 16:46:46 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the local
news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked to a Pepper
Spray.
Seriously though - what is best practice?

Sound Bomb or Smoke Cloak?

It's probably a bit dodgy legally to use blank cartridge bird scarers.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area -
reported in the local news. I cynically suggested
an alarm triggered by a PIR linked to a Pepper Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Keep a ****ing great alsatian in the van.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported
in the local news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered
by a PIR linked to a Pepper Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Van vault. Although I can drill the locks out in about 2
minutes the toe rags who break into vans probably cannot.

****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 20:15:09 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

.... than some apprentices, but won't stop the wheels getting nicked.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 20/11/2016 20:15, Rod Speed wrote:
ARW wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the
local news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked
to a Pepper Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Van vault. Although I can drill the locks out in about 2 minutes the
toe rags who break into vans probably cannot.

****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

I suppose it would if you taught it how to use a drill.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

Rod Speed wrote

****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

... than some apprentices,

And any alarm/pepper spray etc.

but won't stop the wheels getting nicked.

Corse it does. The dog scares the scrotes ****less
and they worry about it going straight thru the
window and eating them alive.

I have a big patio door right next to my letterbox
which is actually outside the house on the end of
the wall, unlike yours which are in the door itself.

The posty shows up on a motorbike and zooms
up to the letterbox and leans over and puts the
letters and smaller parcels in the letterbox.

Every time that happens, the alsatian goes
absolutely bananas, hurling himself against
the patio door, he's an inside dog.

Posty ****s himself wondering when the dog
will go straight thru the door glass some day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 21:23:21 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 20/11/2016 20:15, Rod Speed wrote:
ARW wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the
local news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked
to a Pepper Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Van vault. Although I can drill the locks out in about 2 minutes the
toe rags who break into vans probably cannot.

****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

I suppose it would if you taught it how to use a drill.

I know Trunk monkeys can be taught to use tools but I'm not sure about
a drill. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidA...3Kz_8JjLH-Nxp7

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 20/11/2016 20:15, Rod Speed wrote:
ARW wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

A spate of thefts of tools from vans in the area - reported in the
local news. I cynically suggested an alarm triggered by a PIR linked
to a Pepper Spray.

Seriously though - what is best practice?

Van vault. Although I can drill the locks out in about 2 minutes the
toe rags who break into vans probably cannot.

****ing great alsatian in the van works a hell of a lot better.

I suppose it would if you taught it how to use a drill.

I know Trunk monkeys can be taught to use tools but I'm not sure about
a drill. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidA...3Kz_8JjLH-Nxp7

Cheers, T i m

You could adapt the African car jacking deterrent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

ADT Alarms polygonum UK diy 0 February 22nd 13 11:16 AM
CO alarms.... Stephen H UK diy 8 April 15th 12 06:10 PM
AlarmForce | home alarms, home security alarms, home monitoring system, residential alarm system alarm[_2_] Home Repair 0 April 17th 08 10:19 AM
CO alarms. Bill Browning Home Repair 36 February 20th 05 04:00 AM
C.O. alarms !... al Home Repair 4 December 25th 04 12:52 PM