Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Games console wiring

So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.

The TV will be wall mounted and cables are to be hidden in the wall
between the TV and the consoles.

Any suggestions?

So far I have a 2 x HDMI leads between the TVs and the consoles , a CAT
6 between the two consoles and a CAT 6 from each console to the router.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft
distribution center.

Anything missing?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2016 14:50, ARW wrote:
So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.

The TV will be wall mounted and cables are to be hidden in the wall
between the TV and the consoles.

Any suggestions?

So far I have a 2 x HDMI leads between the TVs and the consoles , a CAT
6 between the two consoles and a CAT 6 from each console to the router.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft
distribution center.

Perhaps several CT100 (3?) for each TV in case they are ever connected
to a cable/satellite box?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2016 14:50, ARW wrote:
So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.

The TV will be wall mounted and cables are to be hidden in the wall
between the TV and the consoles.

Any suggestions?

So far I have a 2 x HDMI leads between the TVs and the consoles , a CAT
6 between the two consoles and a CAT 6 from each console to the router.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft
distribution center.

Anything missing?

Optical for audio?
Do the consoles output dolby 5.1 decoded so needing 6 channels of audio
cable each?
Connections for the conneticks(sp?) sensors?
USB for cameras, etc. to the consoles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes

Anything missing?

Based on my 15 year old's usage and 'needs', I would suggest trunking
that allows new or additional leads to be threaded through fairly
easily. 4 inch waste pipe would be good :-)

It really depends on the age of the children, and how likely they are to
want to 'upgrade' over time. Son sits there with three monitors running
using cables I've never heard of - my only function is fund provider.
DVI-D, DP, HDMI etc. Then his friends arrive. Cables everywhere,
connecting tablets, laptops and more to TVs, monitors, X Boxes,
Playstations and numerous combinations thereof.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/16 14:50, ARW wrote:
So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft
distribution center.

Phone/Doorbell/Intercom link to the kitchen.
Remote control release for the front door lock.
Dustbin almost full sensor feedback.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 14:50:50 UTC, ARW wrote:
So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.
Anything missing?

Flashing light to tell them when tea is ready

Floor sockets for the vibrating gaming chairs

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 14:50:50 UTC, ARW wrote:
So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs
for the kids and is for games console playing.

The TV will be wall mounted and cables are to be hidden in the wall
between the TV and the consoles.

Any suggestions?

So far I have a 2 x HDMI leads between the TVs and the consoles , a CAT
6 between the two consoles and a CAT 6 from each console to the router.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft
distribution center.

Anything missing?

Chase conduit(s) into the wall so wiring can be altered if necessary.