Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Carbon Monoxide Spillage on my boiler

Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired and how?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...r-1171035-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article s.com,
John Cashin m wrote:
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired and how?

Please tell us what type of cryogenic unit you are using to cool carbon
monoxide, which has a boiling point of 82K ie -191 degrees C, into a
liquid so that you can spill it onto your boiler?

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Alan Dawes" wrote in message
In article s.com,
John Cashin m wrote:
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired and how?

Please tell us what type of cryogenic unit you are using to cool carbon
monoxide, which has a boiling point of 82K ie -191 degrees C, into a
liquid so that you can spill it onto your boiler?

And if you *have* managed to spill iquid CO onto your boiler, how will you
know, apart from maybe cracks due to localised cooling, that you have
spilled any, given that it will evaporate immediately?

I wonder if you mean CO leakage from boiler (eg from flue or burner area due
to incomplete combustion) rather than spillage on, which implies a liquid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Cashin m wrote:
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired

Probably.

and how?

Get a man in to service it and clean the flue.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 17:41:31 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
and how?

Get a man in to service it and clean the flue.

Or a woman.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 14:44:04 UTC, John Cashin wrote:
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired and how?

Clean the heat exchanger, it's probably part blocked with soot. Ensure the whole air path is clear. You need the person doing it to be competent to do it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"NY" writes:
"Alan Dawes" wrote in message
In article s.com,
John Cashin m wrote:
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler.
Can I get this repaired and how?

Please tell us what type of cryogenic unit you are using to cool carbon
monoxide, which has a boiling point of 82K ie -191 degrees C, into a
liquid so that you can spill it onto your boiler?

And if you *have* managed to spill iquid CO onto your boiler, how will you
know, apart from maybe cracks due to localised cooling, that you have
spilled any, given that it will evaporate immediately?

I wonder if you mean CO leakage from boiler (eg from flue or burner area due
to incomplete combustion) rather than spillage on, which implies a liquid.

Spillage applies to gasses too.
In this context it means combustion products which fail to
be drawn into an open flue, and "spill" out into the room.

However, the RS in the boiler model number presumably means
Room Sealed, so in this case spillage shouldn't be able to
happen.

If you have CO from a room sealed appliance, it means you
probably have two faults:
1) it's generating CO due to poor combustion.
2) the CO is leaking into the house somehow, either because
it's not correctly room sealed, or because the CO re-
enters after leaving the flue terminal.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/16 13:35, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
If you have CO from a room sealed appliance, it means you
probably have two faults:
1) it's generating CO due to poor combustion.
2) the CO is leaking into the house somehow, either because
it's not correctly room sealed, or because the CO re-
enters after leaving the flue terminal.

Alternatively the poster is suffering from paranoid delusions.

Never discount this remote possibility. DAMHIKT...

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller

Carbon Monoxide Weatherlawyer UK diy 75 January 29th 15 05:29 PM
boiler, carbon monoxide leak poachedeggs UK diy 11 December 14th 08 02:07 PM
boiler, carbon monoxide leak poachedeggs Home Repair 11 December 14th 08 02:07 PM
Carbon monoxide Dee UK diy 5 October 5th 05 05:01 PM