Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default easifill on plaster

Hi

I had wall extended and there is difference in level (3-4 mil )thats really bugging me.

Left side of the wall - painted plasterboard
Right side - multifinisch plaster on plasterboard.

Can I skim with easi fill on multifinisch to level the wall ?

or

plaster witch multifinisch whole wall which is mostly painted plasterboard.

please advise
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 November 2016 21:11:01 UTC, V Man wrote:
Hi

I had wall extended and there is difference in level (3-4 mil )thats really bugging me.

Left side of the wall - painted plasterboard
Right side - multifinisch plaster on plasterboard.

Can I skim with easi fill on multifinisch to level the wall ?

or

plaster witch multifinisch whole wall which is mostly painted plasterboard.

please advise

Once can certainly put filler or plaster on plasterboard or plaster. But if you're asking presumably you don't have the skill to get it flat. A plasterer could skim the lot quick enough.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Easyfill will do the job just feather it out about 300mm. If you are not particularly skilled it is one of the easiest to sand down afterwards. The only problem you may have and this will apply whichever solution is used is if the join does not have reinforcing tape or scrim then cracks may keep coming back. Try to tape the join if you are not sure the self adhesive type is probably the easiest to work with.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks guys

Posted to uk.d-i-y