Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

This is the first to get through the net, since I installed our BT
8500's with the TruCall system 8-o .

The system logged a series of calls from 01134196912. Which at first
glance suggested it might have been a genuine and local number, so I
tried ringing it back and it rang unanswered, though it did sound a bit
odd the ringing tone. The caller had failed to announce their name and
press # to get through in each of their calls.

Then I tried to trace where the call had originated 0113 is a Leeds
code, also our area code, except all of our codes (so far as I am
aware) have a 2 following the code - 0113 2??????. 01134 didn't seem to
exist, or so it seemed from Google.

The same caller tried again, this time said his name and pressed #. I
accepted the call and from the accent it was probably a call from
either Australia or maybe South Africa. The caller wanted me to take a
survey - I will not repeat here what I said to him.

OT caller-id micky Home Repair 49 June 23rd 13 05:35 AM
Caller ID data Chuck Norisez[_2_] Electronics Repair 1 September 23rd 08 02:22 AM
Question about caller ID Ken[_6_] Electronics Repair 15 February 6th 08 02:57 AM
Question about Caller-ID Phones zeez Home Repair 7 August 1st 07 02:34 PM
Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT) John UK diy 38 November 23rd 06 10:58 AM