Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sure fire way to drain outside tap pipe run.

We have an long outside pipe run to the outside tape, at an estimate 4m.
It has quite a 'drop' on it, perhaps 1.5m over the 4m.

While the tap has a small drain screw, which I always use, and of course
I turn off the water in the winter (in fact whenever the tap isn't in
use), enough water always remains to cause a problem if we get low
temperatures- either a burst pipe or a failure in the solder joint.

I've removed the tap in the past to ensure the pipe is fully drained but
this is a 'faff' and I would prefer a quick method- ideally one my wife
can use (she is the main user of the tap). I've thought of either
another 'tap' with a wider 'bore' "tee'd" off the pipe to either drain
it or admit air at the top of the 'run' but has anyone another method-
this can't be a problem unique to us.

(We mainly use rain water collected in a 'butt' for watering BTW, the
tap is only used when the butt is empty or either clean water or a hose
is needed.)

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:

[...]

If you leave the outside tap open in winter it is surprising it actually
produces enough pressure to burst. There's no dip in the pipe to retain
water? You could replace the whole run with plastic which is less
likely to burst, though it can force the connectors off.
--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government?
I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
[...]

Benefit or Personal Independence Payment when they don't need it? They are
depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/16 15:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government?
I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits.
Brian

Benefit Fraud is unacceptable, not only is it theft it harms those who
genuinely need our support in other ways.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government?
I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits.
Brian

It is part of his vendetta against a particular poster he has a
longstanding feud with.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 10:53:52 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
[...]

self cutting drain point at top of run. Easy.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 17:44:00 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
On 07/11/16 15:23, Brian Gaff wrote:

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government?
I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits.
Brian

Benefit Fraud is unacceptable, not only is it theft it harms those who
genuinely need our support in other ways.

It has no significant effect on other benefit claimants. It's also far from the real issue. In fact probably more fraud occurs by those who assess & pay out benefits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2016 5:43 PM, Brian Reay wrote:
On 07/11/16 15:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government?
I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits.
Brian

Benefit Fraud is unacceptable, not only is it theft it harms those who
genuinely need our support in other ways.

Fraud or, Dog Eat Dog?

While I would like a good and fair system, it really is not. We all
know the source and route of wealth; upwards.

Benefits acquisition? It would be nice to think that people who have
needs would be dealt with promptly and, in fairness. Currently, that is
not the case.

Read this account from a DWP call centre worker and understand, this
is the programme for all call centre workers throughout the system.

(I may have attained this link from this group so?)

https://www.theguardian.com/public-l...r-benefits-dwp

....Ray.