Witchy

Default Arrgh. Dyson DC01 poorly

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:52:06 +0000, John Laird
wrote:

RD52 !! a very small scsi disk IIRC. I replaced the DEC firmware'd
disk in mine with a standard (bigger) SCSI disk. The Tagged Command
Queuing on the bus really confuses the hell out of the uVAX, but it
doesn't crash it...

The RD5x disks were ST506 (MFM) drives. The 52 is a whopping 31Mb. I
recall getting an early Pro 350 to play with - RD50 with 5Mb all for me;-)

I've got to find a way of backing up the RD50 in my Rainbow 100B+ 'cos
I don't have install media for it.....could always use a load of RX50s
I suppose.....

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
John Laird

wrote:

RD52 !! a very small scsi disk IIRC. I replaced the DEC firmware'd
disk in mine with a standard (bigger) SCSI disk. The Tagged Command
Queuing on the bus really confuses the hell out of the uVAX, but it
doesn't crash it...

The RD5x disks were ST506 (MFM) drives. The 52 is a whopping 31Mb. I
recall getting an early Pro 350 to play with - RD50 with 5Mb all for me;-)

I've got to find a way of backing up the RD50 in my Rainbow 100B+ 'cos
I don't have install media for it.....could always use a load of RX50s
I suppose.....

You'll only need about a dozen :-) Ah, the days when you really could back
up your hard disk onto floppies...

--
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Mail john rather than nospam...
Andrew

In article , Huge
writes
(Steve Firth) writes:
Huge wrote:

As an ex-RSX-11(M,S) programmer, he was always a hero
of mine.

I'm an ex-RSX-11M (Systime) programmer. How come I'm not a hero of
yours?

No, *I'm* the ex-RSX-11 programmer. DNC wrote most of it. And
reportedly ported 11-M to the PDP11-70 over a weekend when the other
O/S development teams were saying it was going to take months.

Oh, and SYSTIME kit sucked donkey doo-doo.

But they did have a blue carpet with the Systime logo, an indoor
fountain (always a give-away sign of impending financial disaster) and
helicopter landing pad for ?John Gow
--
Andrew
John Laird

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:15:38 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

In article , Huge
writes

Oh, and SYSTIME kit sucked donkey doo-doo.

But they did have a blue carpet with the Systime logo, an indoor
fountain (always a give-away sign of impending financial disaster) and
helicopter landing pad for ?John Gow

I think the person who originated the theory about corporate excess and
imminent liquidation had probably visited Systime's HQ. Just south of
Leeds, iirc.

--
Just an amoeba in the Petri dish of life...

Mail john rather than nospam...

Dyson DC04 switch removal. an other UK diy 0 October 15th 03 01:39 PM
Dyson washer fault code impvan UK diy 1 October 7th 03 12:01 AM
Best place to buy a Dyson DC04? The Q UK diy 4 July 11th 03 01:18 PM