Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bjorn

Default Burglar Alarm - Repair or Replace ?

I recently moved in to a house which has an existing burglar alarm.
The alarm control unit is a white box with 'CPD2' and 'conforms to
BS4737' printed on it. It is key operated with 3 positions - Set, Day
and Test. It has lights for 'Supply Fault', 'Tamper', 'Entry/Exit',
'Zone 1' and 'Zone2' and a button marked 'Omit Zone 2'. Inside the
main circuit board is marked 'Munford & White c1983'.

I have never used it, but there are sensors on the front and back
door, ground floor interior doors, ground floor windows and motion
sensors in 2 rooms (one of which I have removed). I disconnected 1 of
the motion sensors and ever since the 'Tamper' light on the alarm has
come on and I cannot set the alarm. I have tried my own amatuer
attempts to 'Reset' the alarm, unsuccessfully. I have also tried to
find someone to come and fix it. So far, have only found people who
will charge £150 plus just to have a look, not guaranteeing success,
or wanting to sell me a new alarm and service contract.

I want to start using an alarm. The system here would do everything i
want. Any advice on fixing it would be much appreciated. Or
considering it's age should I just replace the conrol box and use the
existing cabling (and sensors?)?

Regards,

Bjorn.

Faulty Burglar Alarm Billy N UK diy 3 November 6th 03 10:23 PM
Burglar Alarm Neil UK diy 33 July 27th 03 12:02 PM
Burglar Alarm Manuals Stephen Jones UK diy 0 July 17th 03 01:43 AM