Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike Mitchell

Default Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

What an amazing house! Since I once lived in Germany (for many years)
and am always ready to support the Germans against a lot of the
criticism from British xenophobia, how good it was to see a crack team
of ordinary German workers demonstrate how super-efficient they are.
As the client said, we should feel ashamed that both the cement lorry
and the crane were incredibly late, typical of our often slapdash
approach to commercial enterprises.

But those brand new Huf vans! I'm pretty sure they were purchased by
Huf especially for the show - and why not? This was a kind of free
advertising/promotion that could be worth hundreds of thousands of
euros, and they set out from the very start to make a very good
impression on British viewers, which I'm sure they achieved. I was
surprised when the one German guy said that Huf had already built 20
houses in the UK. Maybe we should invite other builders from other
countries to come here more often, if only to chivvy our domestic
building fraternity into adopting some quality standards like the
Germans obviously have done.

MM