Dave C

Default Internet Laminate floor suppliers

I'm about to embark on laying laminate floor in my lounge. I've checked
prices of Quickstep 800 flooring locally and they are quite a lot higher
than some of the internet sellers. There seem to be a lot of internet
sellers around. Some of them look slightly more reputable than others, e.g.
some don't even provide an address!

Some seem to be retailers who have expanded onto the internet and hence have
a showroom somewhere in the country. These would seem to be a better bet.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the companies? In general, are they
ok? Any recommendations?

Dave.

The Natural Philosopher

Dave C wrote:

I'm about to embark on laying laminate floor in my lounge. I've checked
prices of Quickstep 800 flooring locally and they are quite a lot higher
than some of the internet sellers. There seem to be a lot of internet
sellers around. Some of them look slightly more reputable than others, e.g.
some don't even provide an address!

Some seem to be retailers who have expanded onto the internet and hence have
a showroom somewhere in the country. These would seem to be a better bet.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the companies? In general, are they
ok? Any recommendations?

Yeah. I got some kahrs from woodflooring.co.uk I think.

Phone em up and have a chat - one bloke was distinctly 'sharp' whereas
the other company I phoned matched the price and sounded like a wotld
weary geordie, and delivered precisely what I wanted, more or less when
he said he would, and gave me some good tips on laying it too.

Dave.

Matthew Plunkett

"Dave C" wrote in message ...
I'm about to embark on laying laminate floor in my lounge. I've checked
prices of Quickstep 800 flooring locally and they are quite a lot higher
than some of the internet sellers. There seem to be a lot of internet
sellers around. Some of them look slightly more reputable than others, e.g.
some don't even provide an address!

Some seem to be retailers who have expanded onto the internet and hence have
a showroom somewhere in the country. These would seem to be a better bet.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the companies? In general, are they
ok? Any recommendations?

Dave.

I bought some Quickstep 950 from www.floors-online.co.uk. They sell
the complete Quickstep range. At the time, I couldn't find anyone to
beat their prices. Free delivery over £350+VAT. Found them a great
company to deal with, rang me with a delivery date and delivered when
said. Another company to try is www.flooringsupplies.co.uk. Haven't
used them though.