John Horne

Default 16th Edition testers

I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something
equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test
instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test &
measurement equipment?

Thanks
Lurch

On 26 Jan 2004 20:23:48 GMT, (John Horne) wrote:

I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something
equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test
instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test &
measurement equipment?

I've just been looking for pat testers, all the online stores are
pretty much similar priced.
www.isswww.co.uk seem marginally cheaper
than the others. I would imagine 16th ed. testers are on a par
comparitively.
Other than that I buy them from whichever wholesaler is giving me the
best discounts at the time.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Colin Wilson

I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something
equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test
instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test &
measurement equipment?

Alpha Electronics get to test a lot of our gear...

www.alpha-electronics.com

They sell the stuff too, but the 1653 looks a little pricey - haven`t=20
looked elsewhere for comparison though :-}

....its =A350 cheaper here...

http://isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=3D2213

--=20
Chris Oates

"John Horne" wrote in message
I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something
equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test
instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test &
measurement equipment?

Glanford are having a sale
http://www.glanfordelectronics.com/Robin.html

Dave Plowman

In article ,
John Horne wrote:
I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something
equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test
instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test &
measurement equipment?

They come up regularly on Ebay, although some fetch silly money.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Christian McArdle

They come up regularly on Ebay, although some fetch silly money.

I got an digital RCD tester and digital earth loop impedence tester from
eBay for 100 quid each, including fresh calibration certificates. I got my
digital megger/continuity for 30 quid from someone who thought it was a
faulty temperature meter that gave him an electric shock! It is cheaper to
get separates than an all in one. Also, you have less to lose if one goes
faulty/missing/stolen. However, they obviously don't tend to have download
options and certificate printing software, if these facilities are important
to you.

Christian.