ian

Default Anyone used Ready Strip product.

Anyone used Ready strip product, keep seeing it advertised on sky and need to
strip my floorboards stained and varnished.
Sanding takes hours and hours, already done one room and the mess it makes is
unbelievable.

Thanks
chris French

In message , ian
writes
Anyone used Ready strip product, keep seeing it advertised on sky and need to
strip my floorboards stained and varnished.

Do you mean the current boards are varnished?

Ready strip is a paint/varnish stripper, it won't remove, stain or all
the ingrained dirt normally found on floor boards. So you will likely
have to sand anyway.

Sanding takes hours and hours, already done one room and the mess it makes is
unbelievable.

Yep........
--
Chris French, Leeds
Grunff

ian wrote:

Sanding takes hours and hours, already done one room and the mess it makes is
unbelievable.

Yes, it certainly does. If the boards are softwood, it's actually
cheaper (by my calculations) to lay a second lot of softwood T&G
floorboards on top than it is to sand them. You get a more solid floor
too. The only downside is that access to the underfloor void is further
restricted.

--
Grunff