Christian McArdle

Default help with power sockets in the kitchen

Never seen stainless steel pattress boxes. You don't actually see
the pattress box as the socket covers it!

Well, if mounted to the bottom of the cupboard, then you have to use a
surface mounted pattress, which will be visible. They are widely available,
although frequently with the socket provided rather than separately. They
are particularly common in Victorian schools and light industrial premises.

See Screwfix item 14687.

Christian.

Martin Angove

In message ,
"Christian McArdle" wrote:

Never seen stainless steel pattress boxes. You don't actually see
the pattress box as the socket covers it!

Well, if mounted to the bottom of the cupboard, then you have to use a
surface mounted pattress, which will be visible. They are widely available,
although frequently with the socket provided rather than separately. They
are particularly common in Victorian schools and light industrial premises.

See Screwfix item 14687.

I don't think this is what the OP was after. He did specifically say
"brushed stainless" which implies to me he has something like 18257 in
mind. This finish is not quite the same as the "steel" finish on 14687
as far as I can see, though it might be hidden enough by the plate not
to matter too much. The biggest problem I can think of is that boxes
such as those supplied with 14687 have conduit punch-outs all around the
sides which, if you are looking for a "high class" finish in a kitchen
(I suspect the OP is) do rather shout "factory". :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html
Alex H

Does anyone know if it is allowed to fix the power sockets to the underside
of
the kitchen units above the worktops.

Secondly does anyone know a source for brushed stainless steel pattress

boxes?

Thanks

Alex

TLC do under worktop sockets;

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind..._Worktop_Socke

ts/index.html

Never seen stainless steel pattress boxes. You don't actually see the
pattress box as the socket covers it!

Anyone know if these are available with the complete unit in stainless steel .
ie the socket also.

Thanks

Alex
--
Alex Harris
Remove NEWS to reply
BigWallop

"Alex H" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is allowed to fix the power sockets to the

underside
of
the kitchen units above the worktops.

Secondly does anyone know a source for brushed stainless steel pattress

boxes?

Thanks

Alex

TLC do under worktop sockets;

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind..._Worktop_Socke

ts/index.html

Never seen stainless steel pattress boxes. You don't actually see the
pattress box as the socket covers it!

Anyone know if these are available with the complete unit in stainless

steel .
ie the socket also.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

The product that Martin Angove gave links to (see below) come in brushed
chrome finish which, although is not shiny chrome, looks like stainless
steel.

If you click the link below and select the " Buy On Line " button, then
click on the " Quick Ordering " button, you'll be asked to enter the product
code and this takes you to the picture of the sockets. These are very neat
and look great in situ'. I can vouch for that as I've fitted plenty of
them.

http://www.qvsdirect.co.uk/ code AU KLL104

N. Thornton

"Alex H" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is allowed to fix the power sockets to the

underside
of
the kitchen units above the worktops.

Secondly does anyone know a source for brushed stainless steel pattress

boxes?

Hi Alex.

Why not make a cutout for the sockets on the underside of your
cupboard so theyre flush mounted? You could use a very shallow
pattress on the inside then to cover them, or a piece of wood as a
second internal floor.

If you want 'class' I would expect that would look better. Who wants
bulky sockets & pattresses.

Regards, NT

Installing power sockets and light into an adjacent garage Andy Hide UK diy 0 July 21st 03 10:00 AM
Kitchen doors The Question Asker UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:52 AM
Covering kitchen doors zaax UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:51 AM
Kitchen Fitter Standards Tim Foley UK diy 2 July 17th 03 09:48 PM
Kitchen Worksurface. mick UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM