rakster

Default Redoing Bathroom - Help Please??

Currently rennovating my bathroom and intend to do the following?

1.Place Hardboard over the floorboards to cover the whole bathroom
area
2.Then place Lino to cover all area
3.Then place all bathroom stuff i.e bath, pan & Cystern etc over lino.

A few people have suggested against 3. they have recommended that I
lay all my bath stuff first and then place lino.

Just wanted some recommendations from guys here as what would be the
best way?
chris French

In message , rakster
writes
Currently rennovating my bathroom and intend to do the following?

1.Place Hardboard over the floorboards to cover the whole bathroom
area
2.Then place Lino to cover all area
3.Then place all bathroom stuff i.e bath, pan & Cystern etc over lino.

A few people have suggested against 3. they have recommended that I
lay all my bath stuff first and then place lino.

In general I would install the bathroom then do the floor

The only time I would do the floor first is if the suite required it -
say an old cast iron style or I was using something pretty permanent and
hard to cut such as ceramic tiles or stone.
--
Chris French, Leeds
JimM

I'd also suggest suite then floor. However I would use marine grade ply
rather than hardboard as it will withstand the damp conditions better.

--
Remove BRAIN before replying
"chris French" wrote in message
In message , rakster
writes
Currently rennovating my bathroom and intend to do the following?

1.Place Hardboard over the floorboards to cover the whole bathroom
area
2.Then place Lino to cover all area
3.Then place all bathroom stuff i.e bath, pan & Cystern etc over lino.

A few people have suggested against 3. they have recommended that I
lay all my bath stuff first and then place lino.

In general I would install the bathroom then do the floor

The only time I would do the floor first is if the suite required it -
say an old cast iron style or I was using something pretty permanent and
hard to cut such as ceramic tiles or stone.
--
Chris French, Leeds

chris French

In message , JimM
writes
I'd also suggest suite then floor. However I would use marine grade ply
rather than hardboard as it will withstand the damp conditions better.

I wouldn't go to the expense of marine ply.

Standard WBP ply will be fine. If it is so wet to cause that problems
then that is the least of your worries.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Tiling in Bathroom The Question Asker UK diy 3 July 19th 03 12:01 AM
domestic bathroom fan dave UK diy 3 July 15th 03 11:56 PM
Bathroom Ceiling Finish rakster UK diy 1 July 10th 03 12:04 PM
Under-floor heating for a bathroom - hot water or electric, and how to control? BigWallop UK diy 13 July 8th 03 08:46 PM
Bathroom vent through roof Alan James UK diy 6 July 8th 03 06:50 PM