Matthew James

Default Servis Automatic 1000 frightening children

My children came running to me in a state of panic today as our Servis
Automatic 1000 decided to rumble across the kitchen. Basically when
the drum is rotating (ie agitating the clothes) it is doing so at spin
speed. And when it comes to spinning it is doing so at some phenomenal
rate. So whatever speed it is rotating at it is doing so too fast.

I have stripped the thing apart and have found that a ring with a
couple of 2'ish diameter yellow wires coming from it had fallen off
the back of the motor so I popped that back on but still the same
problem. I can't (to my untrained eye) see any other problem with it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

We have a huge washing pile here at home (two teenage boys and a baby
still in nappies) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt James.
Richard

"Matthew James" wrote in message news:

We have a huge washing pile here at home (two teenage boys and a baby
still in nappies) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt James.

I suggest you remove baby from the nappy as first and vital step :-) As to
the teenage boys still in nappies now that really is a nasty problem :-((
Richard.

Michael McNeil

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om

Now I know you don't mean 2 feet diameter wires, but can't figure out
what you did mean.

Two wire feet.

(Just typical of the lazyitis postings on here.)

The feet have fallen off obviously. Though why anyone would want to buy
a cheapo, junk, piece of sjid like a washing machine with wire feet is
beyond me.

(Good way of cleaning the kids though.)

Matthew James

Thanks NT. When I refitted the ring the first time I didn't realise
that a little magnetic ring fixed round a threaded bit of plastic had
to be screwed into the end of the motor shaft. I found this bit of
plastic on the floor and luckily I kept it not knowing what it was and
thinking it probably important. That now fitted it all works
perfectly.

As for the 2'ish diameter: - what I meant to say was 2'ish millimetre
diameter. Blame it on the late nights and the over consumption.

Cheers

Matt.