N. Thornton

Default Servis Automatic 1000 frightening children

(Matthew James) wrote in message . com...
My children came running to me in a state of panic today as our Servis
Automatic 1000 decided to rumble across the kitchen. Basically when
the drum is rotating (ie agitating the clothes) it is doing so at spin
speed. And when it comes to spinning it is doing so at some phenomenal
rate. So whatever speed it is rotating at it is doing so too fast.

I have stripped the thing apart and have found that a ring with a
couple of 2'ish diameter yellow wires coming from it had fallen off
the back of the motor so I popped that back on but still the same
problem. I can't (to my untrained eye) see any other problem with it.

The ring sounds like the tacho, it provides speed information back to
the motor controller. No signal results in full speed ahead. Thats the
thing you need to fix or replace.

couple of 2'ish diameter yellow wires

Now I know you dont mean 2 feet diamater wires, but cant figure out
what you did mean.

Regards, NT