Jon Gilbert

Default Ceiling tiles.

I have a number of rooms where the ceiling has been rather pitted when
someone removed/scrapped off a load of artex. In addition to that the
joints between the Plasterboards has cracked. End result is rather
unsightly and though the board seem firm enough, If I cover them up with
paint ever so often when i go into the loft space my movements up there
causes the cracks to reappear.

A simple solution would be to use ceiling tiles to cover this up. However I
wil lstay well away from the Polystieen ones as I would rather like to keep
my life in case of a fire.

Does anyone know of anything on the market place, that I could use instead.
Perhaps some sort of fire retardent tiles? Perferably just simple
rectanglar ones.

Regards

Jon Gilbert

"Jon Gilbert" wrote in message
I have a number of rooms where the ceiling has been rather pitted when
someone removed/scrapped off a load of artex. In addition to that the
joints between the Plasterboards has cracked. End result is rather
unsightly and though the board seem firm enough, If I cover them up with
paint ever so often when i go into the loft space my movements up there
causes the cracks to reappear.

A simple solution would be to use ceiling tiles to cover this up. However

wil lstay well away from the Polystieen ones as I would rather like to

keep
my life in case of a fire.

Does anyone know of anything on the market place, that I could use

instead.
Perhaps some sort of fire retardent tiles? Perferably just simple
rectanglar ones.

Regards

In addition to any diy advice can someone supply with a dictionary/spell
checker and a solution for my fat fingered typing
PS sorry for the mass of typo's