Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobility scooter anti-tip wheels

Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got
an alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

Something like this perhaps?
https://www.in-excess.com/products/f...0mm-heavy-duty
Throw away the ironmongery and just use the wheel. It's bigger than the
original, though. Does that matter?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills submitted this idea :
On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

Something like this perhaps?
https://www.in-excess.com/products/f...0mm-heavy-duty
Throw away the ironmongery and just use the wheel. It's bigger than the
original, though. Does that matter?

Thanks for your response Roger but yes, they are far too big.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 20:00, Steve wrote:
Roger Mills submitted this idea :
On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

Something like this perhaps?
https://www.in-excess.com/products/f...0mm-heavy-duty

Throw away the ironmongery and just use the wheel. It's bigger than
the original, though. Does that matter?

Thanks for your response Roger but yes, they are far too big.

Buy a couple of castors from toosatan and take the wheels out and use them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

A lot of general purpose wheels will mark floors.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 20:25, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

A lot of general purpose wheels will mark floors.

Bill

Driving a mobility scooter will mark floors, they collect grit from the
road and it marks the floors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

Select from here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...astor&_sacat=0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Bob Minchin formulated :
Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

Select from here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...astor&_sacat=0

Bob Minchin sir, you may just have won the prize! I'm sure there'll be
something suitable there when I have a proper look, cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 20:27, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/10/2016 20:25, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2016 19:11, Steve wrote:
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an
alternative supplier of little wheels?

http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/an...-lite-aerolite

A lot of general purpose wheels will mark floors.

Bill

Driving a mobility scooter will mark floors, they collect grit from the
road and it marks the floors.

To be honest we haven't encountered that problem. The two scooters are
used on the road. The small one is also used in the house and the big
one is garaged in the house. The floors are laminate.

Possibly it depends on whether the tyres pick up and retain grit.

My comment was based on my attempts over the years to avoid the high
cost of manufacturer replacement wheels.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2016 21:15, Steve wrote:

Bob Minchin sir, you may just have won the prize! I'm sure there'll be
something suitable there when I have a proper look,

But beware of black tyres and soft rubber tyres because they mark the
floor. Bad enough in your own house but quite an embarrassment when the
book club is at the white-carpeted home of the mardiest woman in town.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2016 00:20, Bill Wright wrote:

My comment was based on my attempts over the years to avoid the high
cost of manufacturer replacement wheels.

Being anti tip wheels will they actually be making contact with the
floor in a household environment?