Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi microwave question

I have a Sharp Combi Microwave oven (R-959MA) which has always given
good service. However, recently when using it on Convection only, as a
normal oven, I felt the food was under-cooked. On checking with an oven
thermometer I discovered that when it was set to 200c the oven
thermometer only registered 143c and crept very slowly up to 150C
eventually.! Is this normal?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Syke wrote

I have a Sharp Combi Microwave oven (R-959MA) which has always
given good service. However, recently when using it on Convection
only, as a normal oven, I felt the food was under-cooked. On checking
with an oven thermometer I discovered that when it was set to 200c
the oven thermometer only registered 143c and crept very slowly up
to 150C eventually.! Is this normal?

Corse not. Likely the thermostat is stuffed.

What happens if you set it to 250C ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2016 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
Syke wrote
I have a Sharp Combi Microwave oven (R-959MA) which has always given
good service. However, recently when using it on Convection only, as a
normal oven, I felt the food was under-cooked. On checking with an
oven thermometer I discovered that when it was set to 200c the oven
thermometer only registered 143c and crept very slowly up to 150C
eventually.! Is this normal?

Corse not. Likely the thermostat is stuffed.
What happens if you set it to 250C ?

Or some rely on both the oven element and the grill element to reach
temperature. Has one of the elements failed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corse not. Likely the thermostat is stuffed.
What happens if you set it to 250C ?

Or some rely on both the oven element and the grill element to reach
temperature. Has one of the elements failed?

+1

Whirlpool Combi Microwave oven [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 March 12th 15 07:50 AM
OT (ish): recommendations wanted for built-in combi microwave unknown[_3_] UK diy 8 December 9th 13 12:05 PM
combi microwave Stuart Noble UK diy 7 January 8th 10 04:21 PM
Panasonic Combi microwave stopped working Dougie Nisbet UK diy 2 July 23rd 08 03:11 PM
Double oven +microwave combi bigbrian UK diy 0 March 22nd 04 11:16 AM