Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removal of storage heaters

We have had our old storage heaters removed and replaced with oil central
heating. NPower are now insisting on a Certificate of Compliance before
they will change our old economy 10 meter to economy 7. British Gas who
removed the heaters state that this is not necessary as we are reducing our
load.Has any one else had this problem?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...s-1162525-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/10/2016 20:44, Q Hill wrote:
We have had our old storage heaters removed and replaced with oil central
heating. NPower are now insisting on a Certificate of Compliance
before they will change our old economy 10 meter to economy 7. British
Gas who
removed the heaters state that this is not necessary as we are reducing
our
load.Has any one else had this problem?

I don't know about economy 10 prices, but are you sure you will use
enough night time power to justify economy 7?

I did find that the cost of changing a meter does depend on the
electricity supplier.

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 October 2016 20:44:03 UTC+1, Q Hill wrote:
We have had our old storage heaters removed and replaced with oil central
heating. NPower are now insisting on a Certificate of Compliance before
they will change our old economy 10 meter to economy 7. British Gas who
removed the heaters state that this is not necessary as we are reducing our
load.Has any one else had this problem?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...s-1162525-.htm

You need to remember with economy X, sure they charge less for night units but more for day units than standard tariff.
So if you night use is very low, you may be better off without cheap night electricity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:

On 17/10/2016 20:44, Q Hill wrote:
We have had our old storage heaters removed and replaced with oil central
heating. NPower are now insisting on a Certificate of Compliance
before they will change our old economy 10 meter to economy 7. British
Gas who
removed the heaters state that this is not necessary as we are reducing
our
load.Has any one else had this problem?

I don't know about economy 10 prices, but are you sure you will use
enough night time power to justify economy 7?

I did find that the cost of changing a meter does depend on the
electricity supplier.

And unfortunately very few suppliers are prepared to commit themselves
to the mind-blowingly complex arithmetic involved in charging a normal
tariff to someone with an economy 7 meter.

--

Roger Hayter

FCU on storage heaters alamaison UK diy 4 January 31st 13 02:27 AM
Storage Heaters John UK diy 3 December 22nd 10 05:20 PM
Storage Heaters whiskeyomega UK diy 13 December 22nd 09 08:05 PM
Storage Heaters LongYP UK diy 15 November 1st 07 07:36 PM
Storage Heaters Michael McNeil UK diy 14 January 28th 04 10:40 AM