Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any LiPo battery experts out there?

The battery in my Hannspree SN14T71 13.3" tablet is damaged but I can't
find a supplier for a replacement. The battery looks like two taped
together, one is marked 3.7V 4000mAh and the other is unmarked. There
are 3 wires going to pads marked + - and T, the charging voltage across
+/- is about 7.8V.
There's a picture of the battery on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HANN...-/112044599739

I haven't had anything to do with LiPo batteries before. Am I correct
that there will be two in series?
Mr Google has suggested that LiPo batteries are sold by size (as well as
voltage and capacity) but I can't find anything that is about
4x160x145mm - any suggestions?
Hannspree don't sell them and, with hindsight, their UK repair
contractor (RepairTech Ltd) were the people who damaged it in the first
place when they did a warranty repair so I don't want to pay them to
replace it.

If I can't find a battery I'll remove the duff one and run on mains as a
digital photo frame (uses about 6W, so not too bad to leave on).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/19/2016 12:00 PM, wrote:
On 17/10/2016 10:12,
wrote:
[...]

Not *directly* relevent, but one of my lads broke the LCD in the remote
readout of a commercial ventilator/heat exchanger. Complete replacement
quoted at ~ £120. By judicious googling of the various numbers on it I
found the screen for under £20 including postage from the States.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Try on a Model Aircraft group.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/16 21:49, wrote:
Try on a Model Aircraft group.

Or look at the best place to buy

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...l_brands_.html

--
But what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!

Mary Wollstonecraft

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/16 21:49, wrote:
Try on a Model Aircraft group.

Or look at the best place to buy

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...l_brands_.html

Thanks, but they don't seem to have them
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:12:15 AM UTC+1, wrote:
The battery in my Hannspree SN14T71 13.3" tablet is damaged but I can't
find a supplier for a replacement. The battery looks like two taped
together, one is marked 3.7V 4000mAh and the other is unmarked. There
are 3 wires going to pads marked + - and T,

T is temp sensor

the charging voltage across
+/- is about 7.8V.

LiPo nominally 3.7V MT 4.2V full.

There's a picture of the battery on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HANN...-/112044599739

I haven't had anything to do with LiPo batteries before. Am I correct
that there will be two in series?

yup

Mr Google has suggested that LiPo batteries are sold by size (as well as
voltage and capacity) but I can't find anything that is about
4x160x145mm - any suggestions?

Neither could Hanspree, look for 4mm thick Lipos that might fit, voltage is a constant , capacity rises with size, you`ll still need 2 in series

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-4000mAh...AOSwbsBXlt7 a

Hannspree don't sell them and, with hindsight, their UK repair
contractor (RepairTech Ltd) were the people who damaged it in the first
place when they did a warranty repair so I don't want to pay them to
replace it.

If I can't find a battery I'll remove the duff one and run on mains as a
digital photo frame (uses about 6W, so not too bad to leave on).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 October 2016 10:12:15 UTC+1, wrote:

[...]

I guess lipos suck Sean.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2016 02:32, wrote: