Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oh dear

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 14 October 2016 04:19:28 UTC+1, Zephirum wrote:
On 13 Oct 2016 19:56, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 21:37:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?
Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually
cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity
as in Turkish baths.

Children, children! Notice the F's and C's! There is more than one way of
defining temperature!
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 09:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 07:21, Zephirum wrote:

From a manufacturers web site, one of many
Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of
steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was discovered by
the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who made
the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the
humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

wrong. Have you actually HAD a sauna?

Yes and I was talking about a steam bath/Turkish bath, please do read
before responding.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/16 10:35, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 09:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 07:21, Zephirum wrote:

From a manufacturers web site, one of many
Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of
steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was discovered by
the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who made
the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the
humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

wrong. Have you actually HAD a sauna?

Yes and I was talking about a steam bath/Turkish bath, please do read
before responding.

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the water in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 10:46, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 10:35, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 09:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 07:21, Zephirum wrote:

From a manufacturers web site, one of many
Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of
steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was
discovered by
the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who
made
the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the
humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

wrong. Have you actually HAD a sauna?

Yes and I was talking about a steam bath/Turkish bath, please do read
before responding.

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the water
in.

But not as humid as a steam bath, I was directing my reply to the guy
that said 100% was not what a Turkish bath was as it would "boil you alive"
I frequently use both.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/16 10:51, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 10:46, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 10:35, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 09:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 07:21, Zephirum wrote:

From a manufacturers web site, one of many
Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of
steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was
discovered by
the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who
made
the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the
humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

wrong. Have you actually HAD a sauna?

Yes and I was talking about a steam bath/Turkish bath, please do read
before responding.

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the water
in.

But not as humid as a steam bath, I was directing my reply to the guy
that said 100% was not what a Turkish bath was as it would "boil you alive"
I frequently use both.

presence of steam - visible steam - i.e. water vapour tells me that the
sauna is 100% humidity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 10:52, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 10:51, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 10:46, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the water
in.

But not as humid as a steam bath, I was directing my reply to the guy
that said 100% was not what a Turkish bath was as it would "boil you
alive"
I frequently use both.

presence of steam - visible steam - i.e. water vapour tells me that the
sauna is 100% humidity.

A hygrometer would tell you different

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 11:12, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 10:52, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/10/16 10:51, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 10:46, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the
water
in.

But not as humid as a steam bath, I was directing my reply to the guy
that said 100% was not what a Turkish bath was as it would "boil you
alive"
I frequently use both.

presence of steam - visible steam - i.e. water vapour tells me that the
sauna is 100% humidity.

A hygrometer would tell you different

I forgot to add this from another manufacturors web site,
Sauna = Dry and Wet Heat

Saunas provide dry and wet heat. They are built entirely of wood and are
heated by a wood or electric stove. Generally the sauna stove heats
rocks, which help to radiate a dry heat throughout the room. When water
is sprinkled over the rocks, a small amount of steam is generated and
released into the room creating a wet heat. The optimal sauna
temperature varies by individual and is considerably hotter than a steam
room. A sauna temperature ranges from 160-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Although some steam is generated in a sauna, over all the humidity level
in a sauna is considered low (ranging from 5-30 percent).

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/16 11:15, Zephirum wrote:
[...]

Well 100% humidity and anything over about 50C is lethal fairly quickly.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 11:25, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

Which is why steam rooms are limited to 48C as described in my original
manufacturers definition presumably.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 19:45:46 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long (indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

No it doesn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 19:56:32 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 21:37:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

your sauna bath isnlt a bath anymore than my cooker is which runs at 200C or more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 23:20:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:54:58 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

news
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

Nope, you still die either way, just later.

Why would you die with an infinite food source?

Obesity ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/2016 13:38, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 23:20:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:54:58 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

Nope, you still die either way, just later.

Why would you die with an infinite food source?

Obesity ?

Waterlogged ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?
Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually
cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity
as in Turkish baths.

Children, children! Notice the F's and C's!

Yeah I noticed the f*ckers and c*nts discussing this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 05:11:42 +0100, F Murtz wrote:

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:12:28 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 15:46:47 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors at room temperature!) that you can die!

Did you also know that everyone that eats tomatoes dies too.

"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics." - Fletcher
Knebel
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have
the most live the longest. (Rev. Larry Lorenzoni)

I know of only one person who does not have a bath or hot running water in
their house.
That is You Mr Hucker.
YOU are off your rocker. I bet that you smell bad.

I have a bath but it is too short to use.

Odd.

--
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the "Kung Fu Kapers" episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipes battling a master of the Lancastrian martial art "Eckythump", who was armed with a black pudding. After 25 minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments of life so pleasant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 05:10:38 +0100, F Murtz wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 15:46:47 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long (indoors at room temperature!) that you can die!

Did you also know that everyone that eats tomatoes dies too.

They are full of MSG.

So?

--
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the "Kung Fu Kapers" episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipes battling a master of the Lancastrian martial art "Eckythump", who was armed with a black pudding. After 25 minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments of life so pleasant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:30:20 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 19:45:46 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long (indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

No it doesn't.

Food is important to survive.

--
What do lawyers and sperm have in common?
1 in 50 million has a chance of becoming a human being.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 October 2016 07:21:16 UTC+1, Zephirum wrote:

From a manufacturers web site, one of many
Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of
steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was discovered by
the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who made
the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the
humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread as it inspired me to have my first sauna since Sep 2013. It was fantastic and I will be having many more, especially when we get free Sat 0900-1700 electricity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 04:19:09 +0100, Zephirum wrote:

On 13 Oct 2016 19:56, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 21:37:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

Or any planet.

--
Black.... like the clouds of death that follow me into the forest of doom and hide in the wardrobe of darkness! Blaaaackk!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

--
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?
Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually
cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity
as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Just as true of the 'people' that go swimming in the river in winter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

No it doesn't.

Food is important to survive.

Irrelevant to the rest of your life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

No it doesn't.

Food is important to survive.

Irrelevant to the rest of your life.

Starving cuts it short.

--
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?
Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually
cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity
as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Just as true of the 'people' that go swimming in the river in winter.

Insufficient heat is far more fun than too much of it.

--
At Sunday school the teacher asked little Johnny, "Do you know where little boys and girls go when they do bad things?"
"Sure," little Johnny replied. "They go out in the back of the church yard."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 October 2016 19:31:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Same as eating a Phal - it makes you feel alive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:48:46 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 14 October 2016 19:31:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Same as eating a Phal - it makes you feel alive.

No, those are just foul.

And being hot just makes me sleepy, being cold makes me feel alive.

--
What has got two legs and bleeds?
Half a dog!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 21:29:58 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 14/10/2016 20:48, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 14 October 2016 19:31:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Same as eating a Phal - it makes you feel alive.

+1

I fail to see the point in eating food that's spicy. I prefer flavour.

--
Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

Nope, you still die either way, just later.

Why would you die with an infinite food source?

Obesity ?

Waterlogged ;-)

A swollen member?

--
Why does the law society prohibit sex between lawyers and their clients?
To prevent clients from being billed twice for essentially the same service.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:32:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 19:56:32 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 21:37:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

your sauna bath isnlt a bath anymore than my cooker is which runs at 200C or more.

You could turn it on it's back, fill it with oil, then sit in it. Let us know the results.

--
You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 01:34:22 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:01:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Simon Mason wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

How many people measure their bath temperature this
accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

Pity about the beer gut and tits.

That isn't Simon. Simon is a fit young thing,

Can't be, BP has just given him the bums rush
after having put up with him for 40 years.

or so he says.

We have the photo that proves he is nothing of the sort.

So you're better then?

--
I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted the woman to her husband.
The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I asked you to marry me!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 01:49:52 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 22:47:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:49:53 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?

I haven't had a bath in more than 55 years and
don't measure the shower temperature at all, ever.

Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!
https://www.reference.com/beauty-fas...85b5c5d348a003

That explains why you have always been as ugly as sin.

Temperature cannot explain looks.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

State why they are related,

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed how much uglier you get when you're
all red in the face after cooking yourself in the bath.

I don't take hot baths.

--
You can't polish a turd, but it's funny as **** watching someone try.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long
(indoors
at room temperature!) that you can die!

Corse you can if you stay in it for the rest of your life.

Depends if you have food delivered to you.

No it doesn't.

Food is important to survive.

Irrelevant to the rest of your life.

Starving cuts it short.

Irrelevant to what was being discussed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 21:29:58 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 14/10/2016 20:48, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 14 October 2016 19:31:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually
cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased
humidity as in Turkish baths.

Why the **** do people enjoy that?

Same as eating a Phal - it makes you feel alive.

+1

I fail to see the point in eating food that's spicy.

The point is that some of us enjoy it.

I prefer flavour.

I like both and like the variety.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:01:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Simon Mason wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

How many people measure their bath temperature this
accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

******** - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page477.htm

Pity about the beer gut and tits.

That isn't Simon. Simon is a fit young thing,

Can't be, BP has just given him the bums rush
after having put up with him for 40 years.

or so he says.

We have the photo that proves he is nothing of the sort.

So you're better then?

Yep, no beer gut, not tits and don't need a haircut either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?

I haven't had a bath in more than 55 years and
don't measure the shower temperature at all, ever.

Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!
https://www.reference.com/beauty-fas...85b5c5d348a003

That explains why you have always been as ugly as sin.

Temperature cannot explain looks.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

State why they are related,

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed how much uglier you get when you're
all red in the face after cooking yourself in the bath.

I don't take hot baths.

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed how much uglier you get when you're all
red in the face after cooking yourself in the shower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct 2016 19:30, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 04:19:09 +0100, Zephirum wrote:

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

Or any planet.

You can on any planet that has a higher atmospheric pressure than earth.
Think pressure cooker.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/16 03:47, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 19:30, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 04:19:09 +0100, Zephirum wrote:

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

Or any planet.

You can on any planet that has a higher atmospheric pressure than earth.
Think pressure cooker.

I don't actually believe you wrote that.

What about "at normal atmospheric pressure" did you not understand?

--
It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-10-15, Zephirum wrote:
On 14 Oct 2016 19:30, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 04:19:09 +0100, Zephirum wrote:

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric
pressure on this planet.

Or any planet.

You can on any planet that has a higher atmospheric pressure than earth.
Think pressure cooker.

Or indeed, camping out next to the Dead Sea.

Yes indeed but last time I looked the Dead Sea was on this planet, but
good point. I was thinking more of Venus where the pressure at the
surface is 92 times that of Earth but given that the temp at surface is
470 C getting the kettle there unmelted might be an issue.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra