Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Butane soldering iron

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20„ƒ above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:55:52 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20„ƒ above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

I have one of these. Used it more for heatshrink than soldering, but
seems OK.

https://goo.gl/dDPkLO

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2016 19:02, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:55:52 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20„ƒ above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

I have one of these. Used it more for heatshrink than soldering, but
seems OK.

https://goo.gl/dDPkLO

Thanks.

Looks pretty good - and I might go for it - but my brain has been
infected by seeing products that at least look OK in the £5 to 15 range!
If I really expected to use it a lot, then certainly I'd be happy to pay
more, but I don't think I will.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 18:55:54 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20„ƒ above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

I got an Aldi one, been satisfied with it so far. £16 IIRC. It does heashrink too, comes with a shroud designed for it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2016 19:02, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:55:52 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20„ƒ above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

I have one of these. Used it more for heatshrink than soldering, but
seems OK.

https://goo.gl/dDPkLO

Having had an even better look around - I have ordered one. Afraid the
P&P on that site raised the price too, too far so looked elsewhere and
found slightly cheaper and free P&P (and a company I have used before).

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20? above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

I have one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/pro-iroda-...ing-iron-n11ar

And it has been used extensively for all sorts of jobs and I've had no
issues with it. Looking at the reviews on the Maplin site though it
may be that they have changed the design (the blue of the handle is
much darker on mine).

Mine lights easily (once you have the knack), lasts a reasonable time
(but easy to refill in any case) and can get very hot (great for big
terminals / joints) but can also be turned down for finer stuff. I
even use it via the catalyst window for smaller heatshrink.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:23:23 +0100, polygonum wrote:

[...]

Yes, it was just an example that had a reasonable description. I didn't
buy mine there either, although they are good for some things - I have a
pretty complete set of Dremel stuff. Used the Dremel tool (not the
blowlamp) to fix a badly corroded and old fashioned slide viewer that
needed 'modification' (seems that the C cells I had were a bit bigger
than in olden days and jammed on ribs in the case).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
Looking for an inexpensive but halfway-acceptable butane soldering iron.

Be wonderful if it also was able to work on heatshrink and similar.

Have got utterly sick of wading through descriptions like:

"According to welds deals with people the size to be possible in 1--in 3
minutes completes the welding, 20# above may weld the diameter very fast
in the normal temperature 6--16 millimeters copper pipes, the
temperature power is equal to receives a telegram generally the type
30W-70W electricity welding torch. "

So personal experience seems a better way of selecting one.

Can you actually describe the sort of use it will get? Despite doing
probably more soldering than most, it's not something I've actually got -
or felt the need for.

--
*On the seventh day He brewed beer *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:55:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Can you actually describe the sort of use it will get? Despite doing
probably more soldering than most, it's not something I've actually got -
or felt the need for.

I generally I find I use mine for working on cars and motorbikes.
Typically fitting tow-bar electrics, alarms, charging / aux power
leads etc. This is both soldering wires together (after joining them
mechanically) and then heat shrinking ... or soldering wires to earth
tags etc. I *much* prefer that sort of solution than any form or crimp
but I understand crimps can work ok and are probably quicker if you
are doing something commercially.

I'll also use my gas iron if I want to do some basic (not PCB
typically) soldering quickly as it has a very fast heat up time and
more powerful than all but my bigger irons. Also handy were I might
not want a mains lead getting in the way or wrapped round stuff or
might need to also use an extension lead.

If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a big
can and take a small refill canister with me.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:55:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Can you actually describe the sort of use it will get? Despite doing
probably more soldering than most, it's not something I've actually got -
or felt the need for.

I generally I find I use mine for working on cars and motorbikes.
Typically fitting tow-bar electrics, alarms, charging / aux power
leads etc. This is both soldering wires together (after joining them
mechanically) and then heat shrinking ... or soldering wires to earth
tags etc. I *much* prefer that sort of solution than any form or crimp
but I understand crimps can work ok and are probably quicker if you
are doing something commercially.

Ah. I use proper crimp terminals for this. Of the same type the car makers
use. You'll not see such terminals soldered on a car. But you do need the
correct (and expensive) crimp tools. As well as having to get the bits
mail order. But if I do need to solder such things my 50 watt low voltage
iron copes. I've also got a 150watt induction type that heats up pretty
quickly. But both do depend on having mains. For very large cables, I'd
use my jeweller's blowlamp.

I'll also use my gas iron if I want to do some basic (not PCB
typically) soldering quickly as it has a very fast heat up time and
more powerful than all but my bigger irons. Also handy were I might
not want a mains lead getting in the way or wrapped round stuff or
might need to also use an extension lead.

If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a big
can and take a small refill canister with me.

I've certainly seen them, but somehow managed without. Could be useful for
a field service kit, though.

--
*Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.) *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 14:42:16 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:55:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

[...]

If anyone has a 24v thermostatci iron, eg TCP, they will run on a car battery, just.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a
big can and take a small refill canister with me.

I've certainly seen them, but somehow managed without. Could be useful
for a field service kit, though.

If anyone has a 24v thermostatci iron, eg TCP, they will run on a car
battery, just.

Interesting. Although if working on the car etc I'm not going to be far
from mains.

--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can you actually describe the sort of use it will get? Despite doing
probably more soldering than most, it's not something I've actually got -
or felt the need for.

As so often, not very clearly. I happened across a need for soldering
some audio wires in a low-fi device where the original wires were poor
quality and badly soldered. Cost of replacement is unappealing being
about the same as a butane soldering iron! Also, have several times
wanted something to use on heatshrink.

After that, who knows? Hence worth getting something flexible which
might be found useful in many ways.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/16 20:02, polygonum wrote:
Also, have several times wanted something to use on heatshrink.

hairdryer or hot air gun is better than a gas torch.

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/16 20:02, polygonum wrote:
Also, have several times wanted something to use on heatshrink.

hairdryer or hot air gun is better than a gas torch.

Maybe - but if you saw my hair you would not expect me to have a hair
dryer, and I haven't got a hot air gun either.

Hope was, and is, that a modest butane device will cover several bases
at least adequately for my limited needs. Rather than having several
devices that will each be used very rarely.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a
big can and take a small refill canister with me.

I've certainly seen them, but somehow managed without. Could be useful
for a field service kit, though.

If anyone has a 24v thermostatci iron, eg TCP, they will run on a car
battery, just.

Interesting. Although if working on the car etc I'm not going to be far
from mains.

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+ flats in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on them..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a
big can and take a small refill canister with me.

I've certainly seen them, but somehow managed without. Could be
useful
for a field service kit, though.

If anyone has a 24v thermostatci iron, eg TCP, they will run on a car
battery, just.

Interesting. Although if working on the car etc I'm not going to be far
from mains.

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+ flats
in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

God knows why he can be completely incoherent and with typos in almost
every single word most of the time, and not a single one at other times like
this one. No obvious correlation with say first thing in the morning etc
either.

The obvious explanation is that there are two of him, one
completely blotto all the time, the other one not quite that bad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+ flats
in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

Probably £100k each. London might have to see the reappearance of cars like the wacky Reyonnah.

God knows why he can be completely incoherent and with typos in almost
every single word most of the time, and not a single one at other times like
this one. No obvious correlation with say first thing in the morning etc
either.

The obvious explanation is that there are two of him, one
completely blotto all the time, the other one not quite that bad.

or maybe his health, who knows. It's irrelevant.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+
flats
in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

Probably £100k each.

Very likely.

London might have to see the reappearance of cars like the wacky Reyonnah.

Not a chance. It just sees plenty like Dave-the-sot who dont even have one.

God knows why he can be completely incoherent and with typos in almost
every single word most of the time, and not a single one at other times
like
this one. No obvious correlation with say first thing in the morning etc
either.

The obvious explanation is that there are two of him, one
completely blotto all the time, the other one not quite that bad.

or maybe his health, who knows.

Doesnt change that quickly. Getting blotto does.

It's irrelevant.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
If soldering away from home I'll fill it up before I leave from a
big can and take a small refill canister with me.

I've certainly seen them, but somehow managed without. Could be
useful
for a field service kit, though.

If anyone has a 24v thermostatci iron, eg TCP, they will run on a car
battery, just.

Interesting. Although if working on the car etc I'm not going to be far
from mains.

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+ flats
in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

How many, how much.

God knows why he can be completely incoherent and with typos in almost
every single word most of the time,

It';s called dyslexia and it;s a sign of inteligence and the sign that sone ****wit designed a keyboard wrongly or rather designed it so keys wouldn;t fit in teh corect order fopr efficinet typing.
Inteligent peole only need a few correct characters in the word in order to be able to work out what it says, only inteligent humans can do this though.

The obvious explanation is that there are two of him, one
completely blotto all the time, the other one not quite that bad.

The correct reasons are well above your level of understanding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 October 2016 01:39:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+
flats
in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

Probably £100k each.

Very likely.

Most people when buying a property expect car parking if availble to be included some have garages included in the price. I wonder if they have charging points.

London might have to see the reappearance of cars like the wacky Reyonnah.

Not a chance. It just sees plenty like Dave-the-sot who dont even have one.

I don't need one but the idea in the futre is driverless cars, where will they a park.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Most people when buying a property expect car parking if availble to be
included some have garages included in the price. I wonder if they have
charging points.

Love to know what percentage of London garages are used to park a car in.
Probably less than 10%. Most are so small the average car won't fit - or
if it can, difficult to open the doors. So they tend to get used for
storage, and the car parked in the driveway. Posher flats will have secure
communal underground parking. But many have none at all these days -
especially at the 300 grand level, which is a first time buyer zone.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 October 2016 14:40:57 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Most people when buying a property expect car parking if availble to be
included some have garages included in the price. I wonder if they have
charging points.

Love to know what percentage of London garages are used to park a car in.
Probably less than 10%. Most are so small the average car won't fit - or
if it can, difficult to open the doors. So they tend to get used for
storage, and the car parked in the driveway. Posher flats will have secure
communal underground parking. But many have none at all these days -
especially at the 300 grand level, which is a first time buyer zone.

How much does a 1st time buyer have to earn to get a mortgage on a 300k flat ?
Providee there no bank of mum and dad and yuor not a footballer.

Yes so first time buyers don't have cars and as for vans for a working person plumber, sparkie etc...
can you imagine some white vans in these areas where you pay more mounthly maintance than on a car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
[...]

It';s called dyslexia

Nope, that doesnt vary dramatically in a couple
of hours for perfect sentences without a single
typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

and it;s a sign of inteligence

Even sillier than you usually manage.

and the sign that sone ****wit designed a keyboard wrongly or rather
designed it so keys wouldn;t fit in teh corect order fopr efficinet
typing.

Again, doesnt vary dramatically in a couple
of hours for perfect sentences without a single
typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

The obvious explanation is that there are two of him, one
completely blotto all the time, the other one not quite that bad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+
flats in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work
on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

Probably £100k each.

Very likely.

Most people when buying a property expect car parking if availble to be
included

Only fools do that with places like that.

some have garages included in the price. I wonder if they have charging
points.

Corse they do, they charge like a wounded bull.

London might have to see the reappearance of cars like the wacky
Reyonnah.

Not a chance. It just sees plenty like Dave-the-sot who dont even have
one.

I don't need one but the idea in the futre is driverless cars, where will
they a park.

No need for them to park when you dont own the car and just use the
phone to have one show up when you need to go somewhere. There
is then no need to lots of cars that spend most of their time parked
while you sleep or work etc. Or get completely blotto in your case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2016 23:28, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

It arrived, I put some gas in and used it. I was amazed at how powerful
it is - previous experience has been with very much lower power devices.
Had to turn it down quite a long way for my current purposes.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 October 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
[...]

Yep ****wit it varies depending on many things.

Sometimes one reading it I go back and corect certain errors othertimes I don't.

and it;s a sign of inteligence

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Go read up on it. Teh brain can work faster than thye hands adn as keyboards are designed to slow you down.....

and the sign that sone ****wit designed a keyboard wrongly or rather
designed it so keys wouldn;t fit in teh corect order fopr efficinet
typing.

Again, doesnt vary dramatically in a couple
of hours for perfect sentences without a single
typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dysle...dult-dyslexia/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I know it doesn't apply to you, but when you look at the £350,000+
flats in London .

an example
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...-36215100.html

Where do people park their cars, especailly if they need to do work
on
them.

The brochure says that parking spaces are available to purchase.

Probably £100k each.

Very likely.

Most people when buying a property expect car parking if availble to be
included

Only fools do that with places like that.

Places liie what ?

I know you're an expert on bull **** and flusing it, how is the career going ?

I don't need one but the idea in the futre is driverless cars, where will
they a park.

No need for them to park when you dont own the car and just use the
phone to have one show up when you need to go somewhere.

It needs to park somewhere in order for you to get in it ****wit and it needs to be parked somewhere when not in use.

Where do you thin k all these car will be kept waiting for you to order them pluto. Get a clue peole won;t wait an hour of so for a car to appear they want one NOW that's why uber is popular.

There
is then no need to lots of cars that spend most of their time parked
while you sleep or work etc. Or get completely blotto in your case.

If they spend most of the time parked they won't be making any money will they.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 14 October 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
[...]

of hours from perfect sentences without a single
typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

and it;s a sign of inteligence

Even sillier than you usually manage.

and the sign that sone ****wit designed a keyboard wrongly or rather
designed it so keys wouldn;t fit in teh corect order fopr efficinet
typing.

Again, doesnt vary dramatically in a couple
of hours from perfect sentences without a single
typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dysle...dult-dyslexia/

Doesnt say anything about varying dramatically in
a couple of hours from perfect sentences without a
single typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article
,
tabbypurr wrote:

[...]

Nope, just stop.

And it needs to be parked somewhere when not in use.

Doesnt have to be in the center of the city, stupid.

Where do you thin k all these car will be kept waiting for you to order
them

They are moving other people around, stupid.

There is then no need to lots of cars that spend most of their time
parked
while you sleep or work etc. Or get completely blotto in your case.

If they spend most of the time parked

They dont.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 10:06:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 14 October 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
[...]

Try reading it.

Has adopted compensatory tricks to remember spelling and homonyms (their, there, theyre), or misuses homonyms and has poor or inconsistent/phonetic spelling.

DO you NOT know what the word inconsistent phonetic spelling is refering to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 10:10:17 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

No need for them to park when you dont own the car and just use the
phone to have one show up when you need to go somewhere.

It needs to park somewhere in order for you to get in it

Nope, just stop.

That's parking you can't have a self drive car wait at the lights until someone wants in any more than you can with any other car or taxi that's why you have taxi ranks at certain places.
..

And it needs to be parked somewhere when not in use.

exactly so where.

Doesnt have to be in the center of the city, stupid.

I know it can be anwhere in the universe, trouble is peole that want to use them will expect them to turn up in their lifetime.
Just like any other mode of transport.

Where do you thin k all these car will be kept waiting for you to order
them

They are moving other people around, stupid.

yuo'll need spare capacity otherwiase you'll just end up waiting like you do at train stations and the like that's why people started to buy cars because public transport wasn't convient for them and it;s the same reason peole want flying cars. Why have flying cars when you get get an plane or helicopter to just about anywhere in teh work a flying car or jey pack will take you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 10:06:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 14 October 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article
,
wrote:
[...]

Did that.

Has adopted compensatory tricks to remember spelling and homonyms (their,
there,
theyre), or misuses homonyms and has poor or inconsistent/phonetic
spelling.

Doesnt say anything about varying dramatically in
a couple of hours from perfect sentences without a
single typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

DO you NOT know what the word inconsistent phonetic spelling is refering
to.

Doesnt say anything about varying dramatically in
a couple of hours from perfect sentences without a
single typo to an almost completely unreadable mess.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 10:10:17 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

No need for them to park when you dont own the car and just use the
phone to have one show up when you need to go somewhere.

It needs to park somewhere in order for you to get in it

Nope, just stop.

That's parking

Nope, just stopping.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 11:00:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 10:06:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 14 October 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 18:42:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:17:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article
,
wrote:
[...]

Didn;t help you though did it, reading not yuor strong point is it.