Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Dish washer door adjustment ?

New World DW60 integrated.

When I set the programme and close the door it switches on then off.
What appears to be happening is when I close it the door it turns on
then backs out a little and this turns it off. I get a beep for on then
anothe beep for off.

I am suspecting a adjustable tensioning spring somewhere for the door as
this would have to be set to ensure the door stays open for loading.
Problem is I cant find it.

Anyone know? I have emailed them but no answer so far.

I can usually fiddle around with the door and get it to work eventually
by holding it in and very slowly releasing the pressure but it is a pain
in the proverbal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 23 September 2016 20:51:21 UTC+1, ss wrote:
New World DW60 integrated.

When I set the programme and close the door it switches on then off.
What appears to be happening is when I close it the door it turns on
then backs out a little and this turns it off. I get a beep for on then
anothe beep for off.

I am suspecting a adjustable tensioning spring somewhere for the door as
this would have to be set to ensure the door stays open for loading.
Problem is I cant find it.

Anyone know? I have emailed them but no answer so far.

I can usually fiddle around with the door and get it to work eventually
by holding it in and very slowly releasing the pressure but it is a pain
in the proverbal.

Probably just the door catch wants adjusting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 23 September 2016 20:51:21 UTC+1, ss wrote:
New World DW60 integrated.

When I set the programme and close the door it switches on then off.
What appears to be happening is when I close it the door it turns on
then backs out a little and this turns it off. I get a beep for on then
anothe beep for off.

I am suspecting a adjustable tensioning spring somewhere for the door as
this would have to be set to ensure the door stays open for loading.
Problem is I cant find it.

Anyone know? I have emailed them but no answer so far.

I can usually fiddle around with the door and get it to work eventually
by holding it in and very slowly releasing the pressure but it is a pain
in the proverbal.

Or maybe the door switch needs adjusting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 24/09/2016 07:30, harry wrote:
On Friday, 23 September 2016 20:51:21 UTC+1, ss wrote:
New World DW60 integrated.

When I set the programme and close the door it switches on then off.
What appears to be happening is when I close it the door it turns on
then backs out a little and this turns it off. I get a beep for on then
anothe beep for off.

I am suspecting a adjustable tensioning spring somewhere for the door as
this would have to be set to ensure the door stays open for loading.
Problem is I cant find it.

Anyone know? I have emailed them but no answer so far.

I can usually fiddle around with the door and get it to work eventually
by holding it in and very slowly releasing the pressure but it is a pain
in the proverbal.

Or maybe the door switch needs adjusting.

Tried that there is no adjustment at the switch/latch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can usually fiddle around with the door and get it to work
eventually by holding it in and very slowly releasing the pressure
but it is a pain in the proverbal.

Or maybe the door switch needs adjusting.

Tried that there is no adjustment at the switch/latch.

Feet need adjusting - the body is less rigid than the door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 24/09/2016 09:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
Feet need adjusting - the body is less rigid than the door.

I`ll have a look at that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 20:51:11 +0100, ss wrote:

New World DW60 integrated.

When I set the programme and close the door it switches on then off.
What appears to be happening is when I close it the door it turns on
then backs out a little and this turns it off. I get a beep for on then
anothe beep for off.

snip.

i dont know about that model but ......

you may want to check that the appliance is not mounted too far back in
the cabinet.If this is the case then the cabinet door will contact the
carcass before the appliance door is fully closed.

Locate the fixing screws,probably into the top of the
cabinet or underside of the w'top and undo them.Then hook fingers round
the front feet of the appliance and wiggle it towards you (2 or 3 mm may
be enough) a pencil mark or two on the cabinet walls will help judge how
far you moved it

hth
steve.n

Dish washer problem Dave UK diy 5 April 14th 10 11:31 PM
Dish washer fault Ricardo UK diy 1 November 14th 07 09:26 AM
dish washer mauro Home Repair 1 August 12th 06 03:41 AM
Adding a dish washer orangetrader Home Repair 6 February 22nd 05 10:56 PM
live dish washer Geoff UK diy 10 June 4th 04 08:55 AM