Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dishwasher rinse-aid dispenser problem

We have a double drawer Fisher Paykel dishwasher and one of them seems to
have a problem with the rinse aid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mskfovntuf...sher.jpeg?dl=0

In the top washer, you can see rinse aid in the dispenser, in the bottom
drawer though the dispenser is full of water (which it shouldn't be).
Normally the level of rinse aid just drops until it needs to be refilled.

Any dishwasher experts or cognoscenti who would like to guess where the
problem lies? I haven't started poking around with a multi meter yet.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
We have a double drawer Fisher Paykel dishwasher and one of them seems to
have a problem with the rinse aid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mskfovntuf...sher.jpeg?dl=0

In the top washer, you can see rinse aid in the dispenser, in the bottom
drawer though the dispenser is full of water (which it shouldn't be).
Normally the level of rinse aid just drops until it needs to be refilled.

Any dishwasher experts or cognoscenti who would like to guess where the
problem lies? I haven't started poking around with a multi meter yet.

Tim

Okay, I think I may have fixed it. Less daunting than it at first seemed.

I checked the resistance of both pumps and they seemed okay.

Having extracted the rinse aid dispenser and removed the motor coil from
the pump I was able to access the pump mechanism that utilises an
oscillating diaphragm and two one-way valves.

On pulling out the valves, one of them had waxy crud covering it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dobjkaehc...QMuh_7Nfa?dl=0

Hopefully that's all there is to it. Just posting this in case it's useful
for anyone else.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls