Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default So what is this?

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08-Sep-16 6:45 PM, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

It looks like a pet microchip to me.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08-Sep-16 6:58 PM, jim wrote:
Nightjar Wrote in message:
On 08-Sep-16 6:45 PM, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

It looks like a pet microchip to me.

30mm long?

For your pet elephant :-)

However, even if it isn't a pet microchip, it looks like them and so may
well be a transponder of some sort.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , jim
k@?.? escribió:

30mm long?

Maybe it's um, "fitted", anally.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"ARW" Wrote in message:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

Was the pic what was left of Toby's last catch?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 18:58:05 UTC+1, jim wrote:
Nightjar Wrote in message:
On 08-Sep-16 6:45 PM, ARW wrote:

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

It looks like a pet microchip to me.

30mm long?

Pet ID chip from 1965 maybe.
Presumably the coil is how it gets its power, beyond that who knows, much better picture needed.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
escribió:

Pet ID chip from 1965 maybe.

with surface mount caps?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Looks like a coiled aerial and some components. RFID device? Could do
without the curly grey pube though. ;-)

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:45:48 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Looks like the chip from inside a car key albeit 2 times too big. How
about an anti theft device for contractors plant?

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

No way. It's a curly pube. Nothing like a cat hair.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Looks like the chip from inside a car key albeit 2 times too big. How
about an anti theft device for contractors plant?

AJH

Certinly looks like it

http://m.dhgate.com/product/auto-car...244274562.html

http://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/...Sz2rr4U177.jpg

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 19:30:06 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo ,
tabbypurr escribió:

Pet ID chip from 1965 maybe.

with surface mount caps?

Sorry I thought it was obvious it isn't a pet tracker from 1965.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Mike Tomlinson Wrote in message:
En el artículo , jim
k@?.? escribió:

30mm long?

Maybe it's um, "fitted", anally.

What's that supposed to be tracking then?....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2016 18:45, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

It's an RFID transponder. Coil is energised by a near-field device,
transponder sends it's ID to the energiser. Usually contained inside
something like this :

http://www.rexson.co.uk/images/reasons/8_480x268.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2016 18:45, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

As others have said, looks like a low frequency transponder. TI do a
31x4 mm one:

http://elcodis.com/parts/1758759/RI-TRP-RR2B-20.html

Did Toby get the rest of the apprentice?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/16 21:24, Robin wrote:
On 08/09/2016 18:45, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

As others have said, looks like a low frequency transponder. TI do a
31x4 mm one:

http://elcodis.com/parts/1758759/RI-TRP-RR2B-20.html

An interesting data sheet - thanks for the link. I see that although
made of glass for biocompatibility, it will withstand 300g! It is also
hermetically sealed. I wondered how it could be sealed (as it appears to
be made completely of glass) without heat damaging the electronics
inside. Answered at
http://www.schott.com/epackaging/eng...ansponder.html where it
says the glass has a high iron content and can be sealed with a Nd:YAG
laser. Obviously the iron content isn't high enough to interfere with
the signal.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:45:48 +0100, ARW wrote:

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is there a magnet-onna-spring inside that coil?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , jim
k@?.? escribió:

30mm long?

Maybe it's um, "fitted", anally.

Unlikely you'd do one of those in glass that long.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , ARW
wrote:

"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

Good set of choppers on Our Tobe, eh!

That's not a cat, that's a vampire disguised as a cat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on the cat?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2016 18:45, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

A North Korean version of one of those pills you swallow to take images
as it passes through?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed formulated the question :

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 08-Sep-16 6:45 PM, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

It looks like a pet microchip to me.

Too long for that.

Pet microchips are the size of a grain of rice, but that certainly
looks like some sort of RF ID tag.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on the
cat?

Well she is blonde this week.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on the
cat?

Well she is blonde this week.

So, when are you going to tell us where you found it? Dug it out of an
apprentice? ;-)

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 18:45:56 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

That is a MW AM antenna on a ferrite rod.
Probably off an old pocket transistor radio.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...yUDOQfzeEQ.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:

ARW wrote:

it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside it.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

That is a MW AM antenna on a ferrite rod.

Might be if it was ferrite rather than glass, and the wires were wound
round the outside rather than on the inside!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 9 September 2016 19:10:38 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

ARW wrote:

it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside it.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

That is a MW AM antenna on a ferrite rod.

Might be if it was ferrite rather than glass, and the wires were wound
round the outside rather than on the inside!

The ferrite rod is underneath the coiled wire.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Tim+" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on the
cat?

Well she is blonde this week.

So, when are you going to tell us where you found it? Dug it out of an
apprentice? ;-)

Oddly enough it was stuck to the neutral meter tail inside a meter cabinet
with a bit of tape.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some
electronics inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on
the cat?

Well she is blonde this week.

Is that the best that you can get?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/09/2016 18:56, ARW wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
"ARW" Wrote in message:
I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics
inside
it.

But other than that I have no idea.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2f/Wtf1.jpg

Is that a pube draped across? or part of the intricacy?

That is one of Toby's hairs.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Toby1.jpeg

I take it your gf is brunette? Do you always blame blonde hairs on the
cat?

Well she is blonde this week.

So, when are you going to tell us where you found it? Dug it out of an
apprentice? ;-)

Oddly enough it was stuck to the neutral meter tail inside a meter cabinet
with a bit of tape.

Presumably just to provide a device readable meter ID. Saves the meter
reader having to enter an address or meter ID number when doing readings.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Tim+" wrote in message

So, when are you going to tell us where you found it? Dug it out of an
apprentice? ;-)

Oddly enough it was stuck to the neutral meter tail inside a meter
cabinet
with a bit of tape.

Presumably just to provide a device readable meter ID. Saves the meter
reader having to enter an address or meter ID number when doing readings.

I don't think so. It was taped in such a way that that it looked like it was
meant to be removed very easily.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 September 2016 08:19:52 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message

So, when are you going to tell us where you found it? Dug it out of an
apprentice? ;-)

Oddly enough it was stuck to the neutral meter tail inside a meter
cabinet
with a bit of tape.

Presumably just to provide a device readable meter ID. Saves the meter
reader having to enter an address or meter ID number when doing readings.

I don't think so. It was taped in such a way that that it looked like it was
meant to be removed very easily.

A clearer pic might give us slightly more clue.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 September 2016 09:04:19 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

A clearer pic might give us slightly more clue.

I thought it had been identified as one of these?

http://uk.farnell.com/texas-instruments/ri-trp-wr2b-30/rfid-transponder-134-2khz-glass/dp/1902162#techDocsHook

You can tune into 134.2 kHz here.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Frequency: Type in 134.2 and hit enter.

Waterfall view: Max in.

It is still there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

A clearer pic might give us slightly more clue.

I thought it had been identified as one of these?

http://uk.farnell.com/texas-instruments/ri-trp-wr2b-30/rfid-transponder-134-2khz-glass/dp/1902162#techDocsHook

80 bits of memory for £236! Must be ancient. Perhaps someone somewhere has a system with one missing

NT