Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Doh!

Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 September 2016 21:59:00 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

about what I'd expect from GPs.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you. Please
let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

Pay peanuts (55 to 83k) you get monkeys

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 21:59:02 +0100, David Lang
wrote:

Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

Should have sent it in illegible handwriting. The clarity of an Email
goes unrecognised.

G Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2016 22:08, bm wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you. Please
let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

Pay peanuts (55 to 83k) you get monkeys

You have to take some care when looking at GPs because of the difference
between (a) self-employed sole practitioners/partners who have high
gross earnings but substantial expenses and (b) salaried employees. But
both are covered by the HSCIC's reports on GP Earnings and Expenses. In
2013-14 The average income before tax for combined GPs (contractor and
salaried) in the UK in 2013/14 was £90,200 for those GPs working in
either a GMS or PMS (GPMS) practice; the median income was £86,700.

They also publish stats on the distribution. 160 (0.5%) self-employed
GPs made over £250,000. 480 (5.8%) salaried over £100,000.

This naturally excludes any other income they may have - eg from doing
shifts for "out of hours" services or hospital work.

From this year on each GP practice will have to publish its figures.

Do you think you should pay your researcher a bit more?

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2016 21:59, David Lang wrote:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

They can only read scribbly writing. Get another GP to write it out for him.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang Wrote in message:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Next time write it in Latin, with the amount in guineas.
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:

On 05/09/2016 22:08, bm wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
[...]

From this year on each GP practice will have to publish its figures.

Do you think you should pay your researcher a bit more?

It is just worth noting that self-employed GPs have to pay both employee
and employer pension contribution out of their gross pay, making net pay
before tax about 25% lower.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2016 23:05, Robin wrote:

This naturally excludes any other income they may have - eg from doing
shifts for "out of hours" services or hospital work.

Corrigendum: the figures *include* other earnings.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05-Sep-16 9:59 PM, David Lang wrote:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

A number of my customers, particularly large corporations, won't accept
bank details on the invoice as authority to pay by bank transfer. They
insist upon a separate instruction before their internal audit systems
will allow a payment to be set up for me.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/2016 09:40, Nightjar wrote:
On 05-Sep-16 9:59 PM, David Lang wrote:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer
appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

A number of my customers, particularly large corporations, won't accept
bank details on the invoice as authority to pay by bank transfer. They
insist upon a separate instruction before their internal audit systems
will allow a payment to be set up for me.

Quite right too! Many firms find it hard enough to get customers to
quote the right reference when making payments by bank transfer even
when they are told precisely what to use (eg account number, invoice
number). Leaving them to make it up for themselves is a recipe for
confusion.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2016 21:59, David Lang wrote:
Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid?
I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you.
Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

If he had any sense he'd phone you and check the bank details. There
have been a lot of cases of spoofed emails, and some of them have been
for house purchases.

Andy