Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 100 amp connector block name

whats the name of the connector block
for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc
but i dont know what to put in the search box!

thanks

[george]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, 3 September 2016 13:17:51 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block
for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc
but i dont know what to put in the search box!

thanks

[george]

Henley block

TLC call them "Service Blocks" - Henley are a a specific make

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 05:17:47 -0700, DICEGEORGE wrote:

whats the name of the connector block for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc but i dont know what to put in the
search box!

thanks

[george]

Henley block

Built on CPC they are 'connector blocks', and elsewhere 'service
connector blocks' too.

CPC: LA04540 and LA04541

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 13:36:12 +0100, charles wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, 3 September 2016 13:17:51 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block for incoming 100 amp mains
supply to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc but i dont know what to put in the
search box!

thanks

[george]

Henley block

TLC call them "Service Blocks" - Henley are a a specific make

You snipped the bit where I actually said that.

The Henley name has now become semi-generic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2016 13:17, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block
for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc
but i dont know what to put in the search box!

The generic name is a "service connector block". Many made by Henley and
hence that has become a common name for them as well. (MLA is another
very common brand)

Typically available in single and double pole, and a variety of ways
with five being common.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Saturday, 3 September 2016 13:17:51 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block for incoming 100 amp mains
supply to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc but i dont know what to put in the
search box!

thanks

[george]

Henley block

TLC call them "Service Blocks" - Henley are a a specific make

You snipped the bit where I actually said that.

Ahem, I can see why you might think that, but ISTM Charles was not
replying to your post and so could not have snipped it. The more so as
his post shows at 13:36 and yours at 13:43 sign of a good lunch I
hope )

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2016 15:51, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2016 13:17, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block
for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc
but i dont know what to put in the search box!

The generic name is a "service connector block". Many made by Henley and
hence that has become a common name for them as well. (MLA is another
very common brand)

Typically available in single and double pole, and a variety of ways
with five being common.

Am I the only one who finds it easier to use blocks rated for for up to
35mm2 cables 'cos it's hard to get 25mm2 tails into the 25mm2 ones? (I
fit them with cable entry from below to meet IP rating.)

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Saturday, 3 September 2016 13:17:51 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block for incoming 100 amp mains
supply to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc but i dont know what to put in
the search box!

thanks

[george]

Henley block

TLC call them "Service Blocks" - Henley are a a specific make

You snipped the bit where I actually said that.

Ahem, I can see why you might think that, but ISTM Charles was not
replying to your post and so could not have snipped it. The more so as
his post shows at 13:36 and yours at 13:43 sign of a good lunch I
hope )

Ah, my apologies to charles. Didn't notice it was another reply - they
arrived here in a different order!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2016 17:27, Robin wrote:
On 03/09/2016 15:51, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2016 13:17, DICEGEORGE wrote:
whats the name of the connector block
for incoming 100 amp mains supply
to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc
but i dont know what to put in the search box!

The generic name is a "service connector block". Many made by Henley and
hence that has become a common name for them as well. (MLA is another
very common brand)

Typically available in single and double pole, and a variety of ways
with five being common.

Am I the only one who finds it easier to use blocks rated for for up to
35mm2 cables 'cos it's hard to get 25mm2 tails into the 25mm2 ones? (I
fit them with cable entry from below to meet IP rating.)

I don't recall having particular difficulty with the 25mm^2 ones...
(then again perhaps I was fitting 16mm^2 tails ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 September 2016 22:32:45 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
I don't recall having particular difficulty with the 25mm^2 ones...
(then again perhaps I was fitting 16mm^2 tails ;-)

It's the 6mm (metric equivalent) tails I had problems with, getting all warm and droopy when I showered.

Owain

Question re connector block ss UK diy 14 November 26th 15 01:13 AM
Terminal/Connector block Robert Baer[_3_] Electronic Schematics 13 April 11th 15 10:06 AM
Small block chevy cast block weld L Fisk Metalworking 13 September 2nd 14 03:23 AM
How to fill hole in brick/block wall? Last block at top? David Pearson UK diy 9 September 29th 05 09:00 PM
Cable connector block on ceramic hob? Arty Flinders UK diy 2 November 14th 03 08:31 PM