Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ryobi cordless drill

The Li-ion batteries or charger for my Hitachi cordless combi drill have
started playing up, so I have started looking for replacements and came
across this Ryobi at Homebase:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...ries%29-382105

The price isn't out of line with other suppliers, and it comes with two
2.5Ah batteries rather than 1.3 or 1.5. The only thing that concerns me
is that it says the weight is 3.4kg! Unless they mean for the drill,
batteries, and charger.

Anyone got one of these? Is it that heavy?

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9/2/2016 8:28 PM, Jeff Layman wrote:
The Li-ion batteries or charger for my Hitachi cordless combi drill have
started playing up, so I have started looking for replacements and came
across this Ryobi at Homebase:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...ries%29-382105

The price isn't out of line with other suppliers, and it comes with two
2.5Ah batteries rather than 1.3 or 1.5. The only thing that concerns me
is that it says the weight is 3.4kg! Unless they mean for the drill,
batteries, and charger.

Anyone got one of these? Is it that heavy?

I expect that is for the whole lot.

I have several Ryobi tools and they are quite good, but when the drill
got tired (after a lot of heavy use) I went over to Makita, and that
seem to me to be a bit more solidly made than the Ryobi. I'm a bit
suspicious of Homebase, and TBH I would wonder if these are
significantly better than the cheaper Aldi-Lidl equivalents.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
lid says...

The Li-ion batteries or charger for my Hitachi cordless combi drill have
started playing up, so I have started looking for replacements and came
across this Ryobi at Homebase:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...ries%29-382105

The price isn't out of line with other suppliers, and it comes with two
2.5Ah batteries rather than 1.3 or 1.5. The only thing that concerns me
is that it says the weight is 3.4kg! Unless they mean for the drill,
batteries, and charger.

Anyone got one of these? Is it that heavy?

There's a lot of it about (confusion over weights and
dimensions).

Often hard to tell if they're referring to the item or the
package it comes in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't hammer drills need to be fairly massy, or the person gets hammered
instead of the wall!

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
The Li-ion batteries or charger for my Hitachi cordless combi drill have
started playing up, so I have started looking for replacements and came
across this Ryobi at Homebase:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...ries%29-382105

The price isn't out of line with other suppliers, and it comes with two
2.5Ah batteries rather than 1.3 or 1.5. The only thing that concerns me is
that it says the weight is 3.4kg! Unless they mean for the drill,
batteries, and charger.

Anyone got one of these? Is it that heavy?

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2016 11:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't hammer drills need to be fairly massy, or the person gets hammered
instead of the wall!

Brian

My Ryobi combi is quite heavy, its the metal gears and stuff.
I have a 45 min charger and five 1.3Ahr batteries so I don't need the
extra weight of 2.5Ahr batteries.
The chargers that come with the packages vary a lot, from 45 min to 3
hrs depending on the kit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/09/2016 17:39, GB wrote:
On 03/09/2016 23:58, dennis@home wrote:
On 03/09/2016 11:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't hammer drills need to be fairly massy, or the person gets hammered
instead of the wall!

Brian

My Ryobi combi is quite heavy, its the metal gears and stuff.
I have a 45 min charger and five 1.3Ahr batteries so I don't need the
extra weight of 2.5Ahr batteries.

Why 5 batteries?

Two came with the cheap kit but with a crappy 3hr charger.
Two came with the better kit with a 45min charger for an extra £5
one came with the strimmer with a 1hr charger.