Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seagulls

On 01/09/2016 08:52, Chris French wrote:
polygonum Wrote in message:
On 31/08/2016 00:03, JoeJoe wrote:
Over the last year or so a large flock of Seagulls has invaded our
neighbourhood. We are on a small hill, so they tend to land on some of
the highest buildings? roofs (ours included), and make a hell of a
noise, before they fly around for a few minutes, making even more
noise, land, and start again.

This goes on for a couple of hours early in the morning and before dusk.

In addition to the noise I was also forced to wash my car 3 times in the
last 2 weeks (my average is around once a year?). All the small birds
that we used to enjoy watching in our garden have also disappeared.

Any suggestion for a humane way to send them somewhere else before I
apply for an air gun license?

Many thanks in advance,

PS: I don?t know anyone who keeps birds of prey either.
PPS: we are 50+ miles from the sea and there is no landfill etc nearby BTW

Train them!

Round here (close to the coast) we only get any gull nuisance on Friday
mornings. When the bin men come round. Local folklore has it they know
which day to go where...

Do they get mixed up on bank holiday weeks? (ours then come a day late)

Funnily enough, only about an hour ago did I find out that they do not
change arrangements for bank holidays here. Last abode was like yours
and I had simply assumed here would be similar.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:

only about an hour ago did I find out that they do not change
arrangements for bank holidays here. Last abode was like yours and I
had simply assumed here would be similar.

Our bin collections used to rotate to a different day each year, to give
"fair" distribution of bank holidays over time, then they stopped
changing them and we ended up on permanent Friday collection.

But now they work every day of the year except Christmas and Boxing Day,
so it makes very little difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2016 20:47, Andy Burns wrote:
polygonum wrote:

only about an hour ago did I find out that they do not change
arrangements for bank holidays here. Last abode was like yours and I
had simply assumed here would be similar.

Our bin collections used to rotate to a different day each year, to give
"fair" distribution of bank holidays over time, then they stopped
changing them and we ended up on permanent Friday collection.

But now they work every day of the year except Christmas and Boxing Day,
so it makes very little difference.

My last abode used to delay by a single day on bank holiday weeks
through most of the year - thus they worked Saturdays. Slight
adjustments at Christmas/New Year.

--
Rod