Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default falure mode of immersion heater also causing leak?

Hi All
what connection, if any, is there likely to be a connection between the
following two events:

- Immersion heater seems to have failed (power going to terminals OK)
- a small leak around the top of the tank, where the heater is fitted
?

Of course my next step is to try and unscrew the heater with a view to
replacing; I'm just wondering what failure mode might account for both
symptoms.

Cheers
Jon N

Cutting cast iron pipe w/o causing roof leak Mikepier Home Repair 11 September 21st 07 12:42 PM
AC causing PV inverter to cycle into wait mode old dirtbeard Home Repair 45 September 13th 07 01:54 AM
Immersion Heater Macc Glyn UK diy 15 June 14th 07 06:03 PM
Immersion Heater The Medway Handyman UK diy 26 January 24th 07 09:21 PM
Immersion heater [email protected] UK diy 7 February 3rd 06 02:47 PM