Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including when I
have ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years but we've never had
a trade deal with them. So explain why we need a trade deal with anyone
? We were trading 1000s of years before the EU existed.

Not been following the news? Apple's head office is apparently in Eire.
Part of the EU.

Nope. If you read a serious newspaper instead of relying on the crap on
facebook you would know that Apple has a virtual head office which
exists nowhere. Apple has 2 subsidiary companies based in Ireland.
Given your favourite company seems to love the EU, why not you too?

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 13:37:35 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including when I
have ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years but we've never had
a trade deal with them. So explain why we need a trade deal with anyone
? We were trading 1000s of years before the EU existed.

Not been following the news? Apple's head office is apparently in Eire.
Part of the EU.

Yes in cork.

Given your favourite company seems to love the EU, why not you too?

What makes you think I have sa favourite company

I don't as far as I know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
WTF are you talking about ? If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

Apple sets the price they sell things at - not governments. If they are
paying duty, they should be able to reduce the price if that goes - but
they ain't forced to. They might just prefer a larger profit if it doesn't
effect sales.

If it;s not the cost that changes what does ? What differnce would a
trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh EU buying an idevice can
you at least answer a simple question like that.

It's a question you keep on asking and getting answers to. But presumably
are waiting for an answer which suits you.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Not been following the news? Apple's head office is apparently in Eire.
Part of the EU.

Yes in cork.

But you seem to think all their stuff comes from the US?

Given your favourite company seems to love the EU, why not you too?

What makes you think I have sa favourite company

Because you mention it so frequently.

I don't as far as I know.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way. But then the anti-EU brigade
bleat about bureaucracy. Which is a fact of life in any democracy.

And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are.

Ah - right. So never any internal strife?

Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

As was said, the village mentality. The need for an enemy. The High School
against the Grammar School. And so on.

--
*The modem is the message *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31-Aug-16 12:48 PM, bert wrote:
In article , Nightjar
writes
On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners, but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Why stop at Europe?

Who said it was anything more than the first step?

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31-Aug-16 4:22 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this...

I would have thought that the use of hyperbole counted as fairly
intelligent.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/16 18:42, Nightjar wrote:
On 31-Aug-16 12:48 PM, bert wrote:
In article , Nightjar
writes
On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners, but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Why stop at Europe?

Who said it was anything more than the first step?

Truly delusional. There speaks a man who has never actually travelled
abroad for more than a business visit or a package holiday.

Lucas Bergkamp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 31-Aug-16 4:22 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this...

I would have thought that the use of hyperbole counted as fairly
intelligent.

Depends on your definition of fairly!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 19:59:47 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Nope. But then I'm not completely blotto, unlike you.

Let's club together to buy Rodney a huge quantity of booze, then he'll be too blotto to type.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way. But then the anti-EU brigade
bleat about bureaucracy. Which is a fact of life in any democracy.

And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are.

Ah - right. So never any internal strife?

Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

As was said, the village mentality. The need for an enemy. The High School
against the Grammar School. And so on.

The evil capitalists against the oppressed workers.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this. You seem to be
suffering from Our Dave's "if it's not white it must be black"
syndrome.

but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.

It didn't with the UK.

See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way. And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are. Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

Happens every time.

Not with the UK.

In passing I note that some small scale attempts have also failed, such
as Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

The contender was Tito in the former case, which lasted until he pegged
it. Tito had made it worse by mixing the various Balkan peoples up. So
that when the **** did hit the fan, cue lots of ethnic cleansing. Oh,
and lots of hand-wringing from the usual suspects.

At least the break-up of Czechoslovakia was peaceful. But even they
wanted to do it.

I don't see any real difference between a Pole living in London
and a Scot or a Liverpudlian living there.

You don't need a unified Europe to have a Pole living in London. And
without a unified Europe, you've got a bigger chance that the Pole will
stay in London.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way.

It is with the free movement of people.

But then the anti-EU brigade
bleat about bureaucracy. Which is a fact of life in any democracy.

And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are.

Ah - right. So never any internal strife?

Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

As was said, the village mentality. The need for an enemy. The High School
against the Grammar School. And so on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 31-Aug-16 12:48 PM, bert wrote:
In article , Nightjar
writes
On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners, but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Why stop at Europe?

Who said it was anything more than the first step?

So you are seriously in favour of allowing anyone from
anywhere in the world to show up in Britain if they
decide that they would do better in Britain than where
they're are coming from ?

You really have drunk that cool aid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Lander wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way.

It is with the free movement of people.

Freedom of moment could work equally in the favour of those UK citizens
who fancy living or working in the EU. I doubt it was predicted when
Poland etc joined that their economy would still be such now that so many
from there would want to work elsewhere.

--
*If you think this van is dirty, you should try having sex with the driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Lander wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way.

It is with the free movement of people.

Freedom of moment could work equally in the favour of those UK citizens
who fancy living or working in the EU. I doubt it was predicted when
Poland etc joined that their economy would still be such now that so many
from there would want to work elsewhere.

Not relevant to the fact that that is the EU way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/16 23:21, Mike Lander wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this. You seem to be
suffering from Our Dave's "if it's not white it must be black"
syndrome.

but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.

It didn't with the UK.

REally? so waht with et SNP and PLiad Cymru then?

See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way. And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are. Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

Happens every time.

Not with the UK.

Actually it did.

Norman invasion and we have been an occupied country ever since.

In passing I note that some small scale attempts have also failed, such
as Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

The contender was Tito in the former case, which lasted until he pegged
it. Tito had made it worse by mixing the various Balkan peoples up. So
that when the **** did hit the fan, cue lots of ethnic cleansing. Oh,
and lots of hand-wringing from the usual suspects.

At least the break-up of Czechoslovakia was peaceful. But even they
wanted to do it.

I don't see any real difference between a Pole living in London
and a Scot or a Liverpudlian living there.

You don't need a unified Europe to have a Pole living in London. And
without a unified Europe, you've got a bigger chance that the Pole will
stay in London.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way. But then the anti-EU brigade
bleat about bureaucracy. Which is a fact of life in any democracy.

And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are.

Ah - right. So never any internal strife?

Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

As was said, the village mentality. The need for an enemy. The High
School
against the Grammar School. And so on.

The evil capitalists against the oppressed workers.

The evil Normans against the oppressed Saxons.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 31/08/16 23:21, Mike Lander wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this. You seem to be
suffering from Our Dave's "if it's not white it must be black"
syndrome.

but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.

It didn't with the UK.

REally? so waht with et SNP and PLiad Cymru then?

The UK hasn't failed.

See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way. And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are. Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

Happens every time.

Not with the UK.

Actually it did.

Norman invasion and we have been an occupied country ever since.

That was a successful invasion. There have been plenty of them.

In passing I note that some small scale attempts have also failed, such
as Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

The contender was Tito in the former case, which lasted until he pegged
it. Tito had made it worse by mixing the various Balkan peoples up. So
that when the **** did hit the fan, cue lots of ethnic cleansing. Oh,
and lots of hand-wringing from the usual suspects.

At least the break-up of Czechoslovakia was peaceful. But even they
wanted to do it.

I don't see any real difference between a Pole living in London
and a Scot or a Liverpudlian living there.

You don't need a unified Europe to have a Pole living in London. And
without a unified Europe, you've got a bigger chance that the Pole will
stay in London.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Lander wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Lander wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.
See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way.

Which, of course, was never the EU way.

It is with the free movement of people.

Freedom of moment could work equally in the favour of those UK
citizens who fancy living or working in the EU. I doubt it was
predicted when Poland etc joined that their economy would still be
such now that so many from there would want to work elsewhere.

Not relevant to the fact that that is the EU way.

And one many approve of in principle. But not obviously on here.

--
*Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 14:45:53 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
WTF are you talking about ? If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

Apple sets the price they sell things at - not governments.

Who sets the price of VW cars ?
Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

If they are
paying duty,

what do you mean by IF.

they should be able to reduce the price if that goes - but
they ain't forced to. They might just prefer a larger profit if it doesn't
effect sales.

So what's the advantage to having a trade deal as they appear so neccessary ?

If it;s not the cost that changes what does ? What differnce would a
trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh EU buying an idevice can
you at least answer a simple question like that.

It's a question you keep on asking and getting answers to. But presumably
are waiting for an answer which suits you.

No answer has come.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Lander wrote:
It didn't with the UK.

REally? so waht with et SNP and PLiad Cymru then?

The UK hasn't failed.

Yet. Will you say the same if Scotland and Ireland leave it?

--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
It's also Merkel's way. We will take all these migrants and each
country will then have its quota. BY ORDER.

Ah. The Merkel runs the EU like some dictator idea. Since we are still
part of the EU, pray tell just what our quota is? And quote the EU law
supporting it?

Or could it be you've just made this up like so much of your stuff?

--
*By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 14:45:54 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Not been following the news? Apple's head office is apparently in Eire.
Part of the EU.

Yes in cork.

But you seem to think all their stuff comes from the US?

What do you mean by comes from the US most comes from china not the US.
Do we have a trade deal with china then ?
Now why don;t yuo explin to me why they have their EU office in ireland and not the centre of the EU Brussles, why have it in one of the outermost countries of the EU ?
Does it make it easier to ship things ?
I've had Apple stuff shipped from china and the czech republic in the past and ireland.

Given your favourite company seems to love the EU, why not you too?

What makes you think I have sa favourite company

Because you mention it so frequently.

What makes you think that ?

on another NG I mostly talk about canon because I prefer their cameras.
I prefer Apple computers to dell or HP, I prefer co-op sandwiches in general, I like epson printers but not their software. I prefer LG TVs previously it was sony.

Some have a prefernece for a particlar things some even have more knowledge of those things than others who are pretty clueless about such things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
WTF are you talking about ? If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

Apple sets the price they sell things at - not governments.

Who sets the price of VW cars ?

The dealer you buy it from.

Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

The shop you buy it from.

If they are
paying duty,

what do you mean by IF.

There are no tariffs within the EU.

they should be able to reduce the price if that goes - but they ain't
forced to. They might just prefer a larger profit if it doesn't effect
sales.

So what's the advantage to having a trade deal as they appear so
neccessary ?

No tariffs between those with the deal. Or lower ones compare to from
countries with no deal.

If it;s not the cost that changes what does ? What differnce would a
trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh EU buying an idevice
can you at least answer a simple question like that.

It's a question you keep on asking and getting answers to. But
presumably are waiting for an answer which suits you.

No answer has come.

You seem totally unable to understand the basic concept.

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What do you mean by comes from the US most comes from china not the US.
Do we have a trade deal with china then ? Now why don;t yuo explin to me
why they have their EU office in ireland and not the centre of the EU
Brussles, why have it in one of the outermost countries of the EU ? Does
it make it easier to ship things ? I've had Apple stuff shipped from
china and the czech republic in the past and ireland.

No point in me attempting to explain anything. You just ask the same
question later.

If you want to learn up the ins and outs of why large companies do things,
do some Googling. Or watch current affairs on TV, etc. Or read the
financial press.

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 19:59:47 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble -
like between the US and EU. Canada and the east.

It was a pretty **** deal from what I;'ve heard from other sources,
such as insiting we buy drugs from the USA even if we didn't need
them. Thre were plenty of oppersition to TTIP

Of course. Each country wants the very best deal it can get. For
itself.

So no trade will ever be done then.

Even you should have noticed that there is no trade deal between
the EU and the USA and yet lots of trade between them.

Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including
when I have ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years
but we've never had a trade deal with them. So explain why
we need a trade deal with anyone ?

Because that sees no tariff or duty applying to the trade unlike
currently.

If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

It would make no difference because Apple claims
they are coming from an EU country, Eire.

Apple does not have a trade agreement with Eire the EU or the UK.

If it;s not the cost that changes what does ?

Nothing in the case of an iphone because in theory those arent
coming from the US, same with all other Apple products.

So nothing comes from the USA as long as we know.

SO we don't need a trade deal with the USA then do we.

With some other operations that export directly from the US to Britain,
you would no longer have to pay a small duty/tariff on those. But the
pound has sagged by more than that now that Britain has decided to
leave the EU, so the price would increase by more than that due to that.

currencies have always fluctuated that's what the EU was really all about leveling the field across the whole of europe but it failed with the Euro.

What differnce would a trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh
EU buying an idevice can you at least answer a simple question like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 10:46:40 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
WTF are you talking about ? If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

Apple sets the price they sell things at - not governments.

Who sets the price of VW cars ?

The dealer you buy it from.

Who's that ?

Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

The shop you buy it from.

So not the dealer.

If they are
paying duty,

what do you mean by IF.

There are no tariffs within the EU.

So, what difference does that make ?

they should be able to reduce the price if that goes - but they ain't
forced to. They might just prefer a larger profit if it doesn't effect
sales.

So what's the advantage to having a trade deal as they appear so
neccessary ?

No tariffs between those with the deal. Or lower ones compare to from
countries with no deal.

We don't have a deal with the USA.
Does teh USA impose a tarrif on stuff from the USA ?

It's a question you keep on asking and getting answers to. But
presumably are waiting for an answer which suits you.

No answer has come.

You seem totally unable to understand the basic concept.

The concept is flawed that is the problem.

You might think you know the concept because you have it wrong.

Why is it that the EU is currently refusing a trade deal ...

explain to me why we in the EU and or those negotiating a trade deal with the USA arent; jumping at it because as you say we wonlt be subjected to the tarrifs.

It's rather like jimmy saville giving free sweets to kids because his a nice person and doesn't want kids to have to pay for sweets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 11:56:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Apple does not have a trade agreement with Eire the EU or the UK.

Wrong with Eire.

Right with Eire.

Nothing in the case of an iphone because in theory those arent
coming from the US, same with all other Apple products.

So nothing comes from the USA

Wrong with the software.

you're the one that says nothing comes from the USA not me.

as long as we know.

SO we don't need a trade deal with the USA then do we.

There might just be more involved in the trade with the US than just Apple.

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

currencies have always fluctuated that's what the EU was
really all about leveling the field across the whole of europe

Wrong, as always.

right as always that's why europe went the way of the Euro to eliminate exchange rates and currancy fluctuations between EU counties.

but it failed with the Euro.

Not yet it hasnt.

It';s been failing but what option do they have left join the pound and admit defeat or call them dollars.

What differnce would a trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh
EU buying an idevice can you at least answer a simple question like
that.

The trade in those would be unaffected because legally
they are being supplied from Eire, not from the USA.

but how to they get to Eire

In a legal sense they come from China to Eire. In practice
they come directly from China to where they are sold.

Does teh EU have a trade deal with china then ?
Do we buy apple computers in yen, dollars or euros .

they donlt have a trade deal with the USA

Dont need to because legally they are coming
from Eire with what ends up in europe.

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

so somehow products designed in the USA manufacutred
in china get sent to Eire for shipping to the UK.

Nope, they get shipped directly from China to Britain
with the stuff that is sold to the end user in Britain.

But we don't need a trade deal to do that.

Tell me how they get from teh USA to EIre when
there's no trade deal bewteen the countires.

Dont need a trade deal to be able to trade.

And nothing comes from the USA to
Eire trade wise anyway with iphones.

yeah sure.
Where do you think the parts come from.
Most of teh iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china.
The individual parts are sourced from all over the world.

What constraints.... there were none.

Wrong. There were in fact plenty of constraints on trade back then.

Not as many as there are now.

Wrong, as always.

right as always.
What laws were there on trade 2000+ years ago.
Did everyone have to wear PPE too, what were the speed limits on the roads.
How did Australia keep all the immigrants out ?

the rest of your silly **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh iphones
are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are sourced from
all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Who sets the price of VW cars ?

The dealer you buy it from.

Who's that ?

You buy new cars from what's usually known as a car dealer.

Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

The shop you buy it from.

So not the dealer.

Shops are normally called shops.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh iphones
are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are sourced
from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

Beginning to think so too. An unusual one, though, who wastes far more of
his own time than those he aims at.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 14:14:19 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is WHY there is this added duty or cost.
It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

So how does it trade with the USA on it's own, or with teh EU.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh iphones
are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are sourced from
all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

all over the world, you really don't know much about this do you.
Is Taiwan part of mainland china .
What about switzerland ?
As you know nothing you'll now ask why

http://www.techinsider.io/where-ipho...me-from-2016-4

The camera is made in japan.
a lot of the rare materials come from the congo area of africa via foxxcon.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

And you're and idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 14:29:14 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Who sets the price of VW cars ?

The dealer you buy it from.

Who's that ?

You buy new cars from what's usually known as a car dealer.

Well done.
I buy virtually all my s=taff from shops not the EU.

I brought my Mac from an Apple store, not a green grocers.

Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

The shop you buy it from.

So not the dealer.

Shops are normally called shops.

Yes I buy things from shops NOT the EU well done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh iphones
are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are sourced
from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

Beginning to think so too. An unusual one, though, who wastes far more of
his own time than those he aims at.

the alternative is that his name implies he imbibes too much of the golden
nectar to think straight,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 14:33:39 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh iphones
are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are sourced
from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

Beginning to think so too. An unusual one, though, who wastes far more of
his own time than those he aims at.

See what happens when you begin to think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 15:31:19 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

[...]

and said by a right charlie.

for the ignorant.

charlie (ˈtʃɑːlɪ)
1. informal Brit a silly person; fool
2. old-fashioned informal Austral a girl or woman
[C20: for sense 1: shortened from Charlie Hunt, rhyming slang for ****; sense 2 is shortened from Charlie Wheeler, rhyming slang for sheila]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 September 2016 14:14:19 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is WHY there is this added duty or cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing country.

It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

If you want to pay more for goods, fine.

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

So how does it trade with the USA on it's own, or with teh EU.

Stop asking silly questions

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh
iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are
sourced from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

all over the world, you really don't know much about this do you.

I was referring to where the assembly takes place.

Is Taiwan part of mainland china .

No - it's an island! You maop shows that the processor is mad there,
though.

What about switzerland ?

What has that got to do with Apple products.
As you know nothing you'll now ask why

http://www.techinsider.io/where-ipho...me-from-2016-4

The camera is made in japan. a lot of the rare materials come from the
congo area of africa via foxxcon.

And all the parts form all over the world go to mainlanmd China - as shown
on your map - as I said.

Actually, I decided earlier today that you must be a troll.

And you're and idiot.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 16:00:45 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 September 2016 14:14:19 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals are NOT about
stopping goods being sold, they're about how much duty/tax the receiving
country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is WHY there is this added duty or cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing country.

That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty, do you NOT know the differnece.

It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

If you want to pay more for goods, fine.

Are you saying we're paying more for computers because we haven't a trade deal with the USA. ?

[Snip]

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

So how does it trade with the USA on it's own, or with teh EU.

Stop asking silly questions

well stop giving silly answers.

[Snip]

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from. Most of teh
iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china. The individual parts are
sourced from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

all over the world, you really don't know much about this do you.

I was referring to where the assembly takes place.

It takes place in many places.

Is Taiwan part of mainland china .

No - it's an island! You maop shows that the processor is mad there,
though.

What about switzerland ?

What has that got to do with Apple products.

As you know nothing you'll now ask why

http://www.techinsider.io/where-ipho...me-from-2016-4

The camera is made in japan. a lot of the rare materials come from the
congo area of africa via foxxcon.

And all the parts form all over the world go to mainlanmd China - as shown
on your map - as I said.

So don't come from the USA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty, do you NOT know the differnece.

Go on then. Explain what you understand by them.

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.