Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be imposed
upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of the single
market.

How odd that all but 3 of these managed that fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements, including
control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we leave.

Corse Britain can guarantee that stuff by not accepting anything it doesnt
want.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market.

How odd that all but 3 of these managed that fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements, including
control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we leave.

Corse Britain can guarantee that stuff by not accepting anything it
doesn‘t want.

trouble is that we might not get things we want under those circumstances

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions
will be imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to
continue to be part of the single market.

How odd that all but 3 of these managed that fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements, including
control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we leave.

Corse Britain can guarantee that stuff by not accepting anything it doesn't
want.

trouble is that we might not get things we want under those circumstances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements
all did. And given that Britain leaves them all for dead economically
except for South Korea, and has some stuff the EU can't do without
like aircraft engines and wings and docos and drama, there is no reason
why it has to agree to anything it doesn't want with immigration.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market.

How odd that all but 3 of these managed that fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements, including
control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we
leave.

Corse Britain can guarantee that stuff by not accepting anything it
doesn‘t want.

trouble is that we might not get things we want under those circumstances

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble - like between the US
and EU. Canada and the east.

But plenty leavers think we will have no trouble making new agreements
with everyone. Perhaps with Mars...

--
*The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market.

How odd that all but 3 of these managed that fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements, including
control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we
leave.

Corse Britain can guarantee that stuff by not accepting anything it
doesn€˜t want.

trouble is that we might not get things we want under those circumstances

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble - like between the US
and EU. Canada and the east.

The pending trade agreements were used by remainers to justify staying
in.
But plenty leavers think we will have no trouble making new agreements
with everyone. Perhaps with Mars...

We can't do any worse than the EU.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30-Aug-16 11:30 AM, Capitol wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.

We already have complete control over immigration. The terms of our
membership of the EU guarantee that we have to opt in to EU immigration
rules for them to apply to us. Once we leave, we have no control over
what the EU may require of us if we wish to stay within the single market.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.

We already have complete control over immigration.

Not with immigration from the EU, Britain has no control over that what so
ever.

The terms of our membership of the EU guarantee that we have to opt in to
EU immigration rules for them to apply to us.

That has already happened.

Once we leave, we have no control over what the EU may require of us if we
wish to stay within the single market.

How odd that all but 3 of these did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.

We already have complete control over immigration.

Please explain EU immigrants then? Still spouting Remoan proaganda?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.

We already have complete control over immigration.

Please explain EU immigrants then? Still spouting Remoan proaganda?

Even the non EU immigrants we cant really stop at our borders f9r 'human
rights' reasons - rights that the EU tends to insist upon

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

When we leave, we control immigration by definition.

We already have complete control over immigration.

Please explain EU immigrants then? Still spouting Remoan proaganda?

I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants. However, if we want
to stay in the single market, don't expect any change to their freedom
of movement.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its all very difficult. In a way its like the unification of germany but
writ large with people who don't even have the same culture or language as
anyone else.
What to do?
Evacuate one of the member states and put them all there?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be imposed
upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of the single
market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements,
including control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we
leave.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Its all very difficult. In a way its like the unification of germany but
writ large with people who don't even have the same culture or language as
anyone else.

Just like when all those unspeakable Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Romans,
Vikings, Normans, Huguenots, Jews etc etc etc showed up.

What to do?

Same as when all those unspeakable Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Romans,
Vikings, Normans, Huguenots, Jews etc etc etc showed up.

Evacuate one of the member states and put them all there?

Didn’t even work for the Mongols.

Nightjar wrote
harry wrote

https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be imposed
upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of the single
market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU requirements,
including control of immigration, that we can no longer guarantee once we
leave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2016 09:20, Nightjar wrote:
On 29-Aug-16 7:57 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.apnews.com/ed56e6f1643e4...r-distribution

We haven't left yet and we don't yet know what conditions will be
imposed upon us if, as is probable, we wish to continue to be part of
the single market. While in, we had several exemptions from EU
requirements, including control of immigration, that we can no longer
guarantee once we leave.

Article 50 not even initiated ......... wouldn't surprise me if we get
some improved positions, and UK Gov decides not to leave after all.
They do not have to leave the vote is not binding.