Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yale deadlocking nigh tlatch

Toolstation want £26.52 for a Yale 89 deadlocking nightlatch in brass
finish (their code is 18514). I've found this on ebay:
http://tinyurl.com/jy56md9 or code 252308733540
Can anyone confirm my suspicions that although the cylinder might be
genuine Yale, the lock body is lacking the logo on the internal lever?
It's for a holiday let, with no connection to my address etc. I'm most
concerned about the potential aggravation if people can't get in when
they arrive if reliability is in question, and being able to swap the
lock in years to come for the same.

James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Part Timer Wrote in message:
Toolstation want £26.52 for a Yale 89 deadlocking nightlatch in brass
finish (their code is 18514). I've found this on ebay:
http://tinyurl.com/jy56md9 or code 252308733540
Can anyone confirm my suspicions that although the cylinder might be
genuine Yale, the lock body is lacking the logo on the internal lever?
It's for a holiday let, with no connection to my address etc. I'm most
concerned about the potential aggravation if people can't get in when
they arrive if reliability is in question, and being able to swap the
lock in years to come for the same.

James

It's not genuine Yale, From the listing, it sounds like it is a
third party lockcase. (Yale cylinder and blah blah lockcase) and
as you say it lacks the Yale branding on the lever.
Chris French

OT End of the world is nigh! harryagain[_2_] UK diy 24 May 12th 15 10:18 AM
The end is nigh Muddymike[_2_] UK diy 28 July 29th 12 09:16 PM
OT End of the world is nigh! (Today in fact.) harry Home Repair 64 May 23rd 11 01:57 AM
Graduation day draws nigh Don Foreman Metalworking 8 August 5th 08 04:17 AM
OT-The End is Nigh Gunner Metalworking 9 August 3rd 03 04:46 PM